Thursday, January 10, 2013

Cherry Parfaits

Cherries were on sale yesterday.

They were so shiny and they were that gorgeous dark red.  I couldn't resist.  So of course, I snatched them up and added them to my cart.  They made their first appearance today in my Cherry Parfaits.

The great thing about Cherry Parfaits is that they are easy to make and look really pretty.  These are good to make if you're home alone and want a quick treat or even if you have guests coming over and want to make something simple.
All you need are cherries, heavy cream, confectioners sugar, vanilla essence, chocolate, sugar cookies, milk (or in my case - vanilla almond milk), and nuts.  

From there, just whip the heavy cream with vanilla and sugar until it's the sweetness you want and then soak the cookies in the milk for a few seconds until softened.  Then you just layer away.  Cream, cookies, cherries, nuts, cream, cookies, cherries, nuts.  Then just dollop on one last bit of cream and pop some cherries on the top, then garnish by grating some chocolate over the top.  Quick and easy!

11 comments:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Delicious and pretty.

Has that sweet baby arrived yet? I can't remember your due date.

Fondly,
Glenda

Chloe Moon said...

I recently saw the cherries in my local supermarket and they just didn't look good enough to buy. These parfaits look delicious!!! =)

I hope your doing well almost mommy! =)

Dancing Branflake said...

Yum! I saw these on Facebook and about died. So beautiful!

Natalie Nicole said...

I only recently discovered how delicious real cherries are (I had only known the artificial flavor), so I definitely want to make this once warmer weather comes around. Thank you for another lovely recipe, Dionne!

tender b. said...

Wow...these look great!

Burun Esteti─či said...

nice post! first time i am going to bookmark post of any other person on my social accounts but i like this.
burun estetigi

Kri said...

omg it looks so goooood! >.<

Almalu's Place said...

oh wow! it looks delicious!!!!

cheap jersey said...

I’m impressed with your capability to write persuasive material. you have supplied me lots of thought-provoking views to consider.

Cropped Stories said...

Hey there! I just wanted to let you know I absolutely love your blog header! Tomorrow I am publishing a post on some of my favorite blog headers and you are definitely on my list. I hope you will not mind the mention! Feel free to stop by my site tomorrow to check it out ;o) Hope you are having a wonderful Monday!

nfl jerseys cheap said...

Must be very delicious... I like the delicious...