Friday, December 7, 2012

Go-to Holiday Sweets

It's that time of year again.  Time when the Sweet Tooth is king. :)

With all these Christmas and New Year's parties coming up, I find myself constantly baking, so I like to have a go-to Holiday Sweet list.  I have a few basic standards that I can then customize with each party to change it up.  Do you have any go-to Holiday Sweet recipes?

Let's trade.  :)
Leave me the recipe of one of your favorites in the comments, and here's one of mine after the jump.  :)  Enjoy!



WHITE CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES
These are so easy to make, and even easier to customize.  Remember that this is just a base.  From here, you can add different flavorings to your cupcake mix and icing.

CUPCAKE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons of condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons of white chocolate cocoa (you can omit this if you don't have any - this was just how I customized this particular version, you can replace with anything you like)

ICING INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate cocoa (this was my customization. If you don't use this, you might want to add more sugar)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
2. Beat together all the cupcake ingredients in a bowl until combined.
3. Spoon the mixture into baking cups and bake for 15-18 minutes.
4. When finished baking, set aside to cool.
5. Whip together the cream, confectioner's sugar, remaining vanilla essence and then add your customized ingredients (eg. lemon juice, mango curd, etc.)
6. When cupcakes are completely cooled, pipe on your icing.

10 comments:

Tirabaralla said...

They sound SO lovely!
I think one of my favourite for Christmas is "Pandoro Farcito" something we make using a traditional Christmas treat, Pandoro and adding various fillings, toppings etc. I particularly love it with cream and chestnuts compote...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandoro

Will keep your lovely recipe, TY for sharing.

Dancing Branflake said...

Mine are muddy buddies, haha! So not as cute as yours but super easy as gifts.

Chloe Moon said...

My go-to dessert is spritz cookies. I can't get enough of them this year. =)

I love the white trees!!! I have to try this out! =)

Ergo - Blog

his little lady said...

Cupcakes are some of my favorites!! And these look delicious ;)
xo TJ

Libs said...

Wow these are gorgeous!

Haha my flatties and I have a favourite treat that we make when we are being super naughty!
It's called pizookie! We make up a mixture of choc chip cookie dough and shape it into one giant cookie- then we pop it into the oven until it's nearly cooked and then eat it hot with ice cream! SO good!
xx

http://liberatedbylkc.blogspot.co.nz/

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

yum they look so beautiful! thanks for sharing! happy holidays, Dionne! xo

Yüz Germe said...

Im keen on professionals that who post often, its definitely very difficult to obtain this kind of comprehension just about every other way.
Yüz Germe

Rinoplasti said...

thanks for this post. This post makes a great point about focusing your efforts.
Rinoplasti

estetik said...

The post is handsomely written. I have bookmarked you for keeping abreast with your new posts.
Estetik

dhavamani shiva said...

Hi, probably our entry may be off topic but anyways, I have been surfing around your blog and it looks very professional. It’s obvious you know your topic

and you appear fervent about it. I’m developing a fresh blog plus I’m struggling to make it look good, as well as offer the best quality content. I have

learned much at your web site and also I anticipate alot more articles and will be coming back soon. Thanks you.








Send Diwali Sweets to Chennai