It's that time of year again. Time when the Sweet Tooth is king. :)
With all these Christmas and New Year's parties coming up, I find myself constantly baking, so I like to have a go-to Holiday Sweet list. I have a few basic standards that I can then customize with each party to change it up. Do you have any go-to Holiday Sweet recipes?
Let's trade. :)
Leave me the recipe of one of your favorites in the comments, and here's one of mine after the jump. :) Enjoy!
WHITE CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES
These are so easy to make, and even easier to customize. Remember that this is just a base. From here, you can add different flavorings to your cupcake mix and icing.
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons of condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons of white chocolate cocoa (you can omit this if you don't have any - this was just how I customized this particular version, you can replace with anything you like)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate cocoa (this was my customization. If you don't use this, you might want to add more sugar)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
2. Beat together all the cupcake ingredients in a bowl until combined.
3. Spoon the mixture into baking cups and bake for 15-18 minutes.
4. When finished baking, set aside to cool.
5. Whip together the cream, confectioner's sugar, remaining vanilla essence and then add your customized ingredients (eg. lemon juice, mango curd, etc.)
6. When cupcakes are completely cooled, pipe on your icing.
Mother's Day Gift Idea
5 hours ago