Monday, May 7, 2012

Good Will Bundting

Who doesn't love a good Bundt Cake?

Photobucket 


The Bundt shape reminds me of tea-time and quaint gatherings.  Although the shape started in Germany, in the 1960's someone won second place in a national baking contest in the USA with a bundt.  This made every baker, hostess and mother across the country want one, and after this surge in demand the Bundt Pan became the most popular cake tin in the USA.


Photobucket

I was in a Bundt kind of mood recently and decided to make a little one for breakfast.  Yes, breakfast.  So instead of chocolate or caramel, I steered away from heavy sweets and decided to incorporate apricot and citrus fruits instead.  It turned out soooo good!  So much so, that I think I like it just as much as I like macarons!!!!!


Recipe available here.


PS.  The winner of the DeLovely Arts print is Laura.  Congrats!)

20 comments:

Dancing Branflake said...

I love bundt cakes! They are so sweet and perfect for parties. Using fruit is such a great idea. Very fresh and different.

Rebecca said...

I've never made a bundt cake before - looks delicious though!

amy b.s. said...

i've had a bundt pan forever and have yet to use it. this may be the reason to!

Daisy said...

Wow these look great! I have yet to try a bundt!

Gloria said...

I could get on board with the idea of bundt cakes for breakfast :-)

Carmen @ Forgotten Fancies said...

I have never had a bundt cake before, it looks so moist and delicious! However, the macarons look pretty damn good too. :)

tiara purnomo said...

oh Dionne, can I have a mother like you? ;___; not that my mom isn't good enough, she's just too busy she barely ever cook... *sulks* and look at that! macaroons for breakfast???? what has this world come to??? *steals you away*

Asiye Ivedi said...

fabulous recipe! thanks for sharing!

Sey said...

The apricot citrus tea cake looks delish.

Holly Knitlightly said...

Oh that looks so good! & sounds delicious!

Looking Glass said...

Teehee! Bundt always reminds me of the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" where her family think there's something wrong with the cake becuuse it has a hole in it so they fix it :-)

~ Clare x

tender b. said...

I love a good bundt cake as long as it is covered in fruit like yours.

Lutfi Fadhila said...

looks yumm

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

my goodness looks delish! hope you have a beautiful weekend, darling!

caroline @ patagonia gifts and jewelry

Val said...

Bundt Cakes make me happy!

Barbara said...

Delicious bundt cake recipe, Dionne. Love the glaze!

Phoenix said...

That looks very yummy, Dionne! I'd make mine chocolate if I made a Bundt cake. Yes, even for breakfast. :P

doyoudoux said...

I've never made a bundt cake before nether- looks delicious though!

Melissa Blake said...

So pretty!

doyoudoux said...

these look great! Your pictures are so nice!!