Monday, December 12, 2011

Help Me Decorate!

We are moving next month.

The commute to BHLDN each day from where we live now takes about an hour, and can sometimes take me TWO HOURS in traffic, so we're moving to an apartment closer to work, and I CAN'T WAIT!!! :)

This is our new apartment - an empty shell, just waiting to be decorated.

Photobucket

I've been looking around, trying to find some pieces for our new place that will mesh well with my two favorite pieces that we already have. Most of you know about my vintage library card catalog, but my latest addition is the Kansai Bookcase from Anthropologie that Brian got me for my birthday.

Photobucket

Here are some goodies that my research has lead me to - I like mixing and matching different styles, nothing too matchy-matchy - just an eclectic mix ranging from mid-century to even touches of shabby chic. I am open to anything!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I spotted the two mid-century pieces in a post at The Designer Pad, featuring the home of photographer David Delfin and fell in love with them - I want them! I am also loving the Amelie Blazing Poppies Sofa at Anthropolgie. It would make such a fun pop of color, don't you think?

At BHLDN every day, I see the Budding Oleander Backdrop, and while most people would consider it to be used as a wedding backdrop, I can totally see it in our new apartment bathroom. It's even more gorgeous in person than it is on our website!

Another sofa I really like is from Crate and Barrel - it's the Silhouette Sofa. I love it in this ceylon color too. I think it would look great paired along with these mid-century bar stools at the kitchen counter from ZoModern.

So guys, you all have great taste - I would love if you'd give me links to any pieces you think would work well in our new space, or give me feedback on what you think of the pieces I'm eyeing. I am excited to see it all come together!

(PS. Apart from our apartment photos and my vintage library card catalog photo, all other images are from the stores they come from and are linked above).

28 comments:

Jess said...

YAY! moving can be so nerve wracking yet exciting at the same time! I'm so excited for you!

PS- the new Anthro bookshelf looks AMAZING!

Teresa said...

I can't. I'm so envious of your wide and spacey white canvas - so many possibilities and you already have pieces to die for to start with...

I also can't stop laughing at the naked man on that second pic of "things I'm loving"... I hope you meant the sideboard ;).

Wishing you nothing short of absolute happiness in the new house.

Enjoy!

Teresa

Dionne said...

Haaha, Teresa, that pic is funny, isn't it?! I had to blue out his man parts, ewwwww!!!!! LOL!

Barbara said...

Your empty space has GREAT floors! I have them in my house, throughout. I'm all blue and white, lots of antiques and contemporary art on the walls.
What fun you're going to have decorating!

just tututiny said...

Everything looks so beautiful! You have such lovely taste ;)

I am back from hiberation with a giveaway, I hope you will stop by ;)

Dancing Branflake said...

You're moving?! How exciting! This place is going to be the best dressed pad ever!

amy b.s. said...

oh my gosh i am loving everything! i can't wait to see what you do!

Christina- floresdelsol said...

ooo your new apartment looks so lovely. i am still so jealous about your card catalog. i love anything that is mid-century modern.

Carmen @ Forgotten Fancies said...

How exciting! I love your library card catalogue! This is not much of an advice, but we made sure we are really picky with everything and only buy things which we are absolutely in love with.

The good thing is we are building a really lovely space which we are really proud of, but the reality is we have moved into our home for just over a year and it is nowhere near furnished :)

And yes, I have never had a bad experience with the Aussie cookies!

Kae said...

your apartment looks pretty spiffy, even without any furniture! I'm sooo looking forward to whatever you do to this place!

Katherine said...

Gorgeous apartment! Can't wait to see how you decorate your new place :)

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I love moving. I love sorting and tossing before I move. I love figuring out a few new things for the new place and where everything will go.

Happy creating a new home for you and your sweet honey. Blessings on your home, Dionne.

Fondly,
Glenda

Sarah said...

I love the pictures of your new apartment. What a great blank canvas to work with! I'm in love with the Budding Oleander backdrop. It's absolutely stunning. I'm also jealous of your card catalog, I've always wanted one of those for myself, although I'd have nowhere to put it anyway!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Great pieces! I love everything. So chic.

Cheers,

Rosa

avant garde design said...

oooh, how fun to move into a fresh new-er space!! we are chomping at the bit to move (we rent a little cottage right now). i absolutely love those floors and think that your very natural picks will go great there. plus i love how you are picking bright pops of color, like that anthro couch. it will be fabulous when you are finished. keep us all posted on what you do!!

Daisy Escobosa said...

So much fun!!! Your new place looks so nice. I like the green couch better than the flowery one. Haha, but it's not my house and you have good taste :)

Tammie said...

Congratulations on your new place! Wishing you nothing but happy memories and new family traditions in your new space.

Clara Turbay said...

Great and modern ideas!

http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

Chessa! said...

moving is so stressful but also so exciting! we moved about 6 months ago and it was overwhelming but I was also happy to start fresh in a new home. the space looks amazing and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it...that light is fabulous. and I love the pieces you have and the ones you're coveting!

Melissa Blake said...

I love those hardwood floors!!

Jaclyn said...

Decorating a new place is so fun! Of course, a little stressful too. That floral couch would be incredible in an apartment. I love the mid century piece you're looking at too.

Tamara Nicole said...

SO jealous you have a card catalog!!! How exciting, I love to decorate:-) Keep us posted on what you do.

http://www.stylesoftamaranicole.blogspot.com

Febe said...

Congratulations, your new place looks lovely!!!
p.s. I totally want that card catalog.

Mekkan said...

Moving!? Sounds exciting & hectic but it surely is a great step forward to your future!

tender b. said...

Beautiful wood floors in the apartment, I'm so jealous. Nice and bright too.

Kristin said...

how exciting to be moving! if I see any lovely ideas online, I'll be sure to send you links (tho' I know you are more than capable of putting together an amazing space.) good luck! xo, Kristin

derry said...

Guard all-inclusive findings, distinctive research adored delivers neatly getting this item issue, called as and also additional most of these carefully.

Tyrone Swopes said...

I love your taste in furniture, Dionne! They are very exquisite and expressive. I enjoyed seeing these, and I'm very grateful that you gave me inspirational ideas on interior design!