Monday, October 17, 2011

Fashion Week Houston

I didn't think it was possible to top last year's Fashion Week here in Houston.
But they did. Big time!

Audi sponsored an awesome event from Monday through Thursday last week, showcasing the some of the best designers you'll ever see. I attended the show on Wednesday and Thursday nights, and was so impressed with everything I saw. Here are some shots of some of my favorites over the two nights I was there.

Photobucket
Chloe Dao was the opening designer for Wednesday night's show, and I loved seeing her designs last year and was definitely excited to see her collection on the runway again. She had lot of pops of color with fun retro silhouettes. Her clothes are so playful!

Photobucket
Next up was Aussie designer, Camilla - who had lots of flowy kaftans and dresses - things you expect to see in a whimsical african safari dream. With each new design that came out, the audience gasped and clapped - her collection was stunning!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Fabiola Arias was definitely the break-out star. I loved all the textural elements to her designs, and the amazing headpieces. She was another designer that had the audience all oohing and aahing as each model appeared on the catwalk.

Photobucket
Photobucket
It was such a fun two nights! It was also fun to see what the audience was wearing - some people wore chic dresses, some wore loud, statement pieces. On the first night, I wanted to have a more vintage look - so I wore one of my favorite BHLDN dresses - the 1920s inspired Tulle Era gown with a fun hairpiece, and then on the second night, I wore a long, fuchsia maxi-dress (another BHLDN dress) designed by Aussie designer, Fleur Wood.

Such a fun night out and I can't wait for next year!!!

18 comments:

Jessica Di Giacomo said...

what a goregeous!!you are so stylish!!!love your blog Dionne
jessica

Anna of IHOD said...

Wow! Those are incredible designs. Thanks for sharing them! Love seeing pics of whats up and coming!
You are a stunner;)

Teresa said...

So glad you had that great time. You look beyond beautiful and demeure.
Thank you for sharing,
T

Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com} said...

what an amazing experience!! love your dress :)

Dancing Branflake said...

Amazing! And it looks like you had incredible seats. Love love love you in that beautiful dress. WOw!

Sarah said...

How awesome!!! I'm in love with all the head pieces. It looks like you gals had so much fun. I'd love to go to something like this sometime. Thanks for sharing!

- Sarah
http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

amy b.s. said...

wow! this looks amazing!

Sey said...

you're gorgeous! I love your dress and the fashion show is a fabulous one.

Little Miss Tiara said...

I luuurrvveeeee your dress! :D :D :D and it looks like a fab event to be in! :D I've never been in a fashion show, but it always looks like a lot of fun :D

I'm especially in love with Chloe Dao's designs, the fun colors! :D :D

Looking Glass said...

Camilla is so fabulous, isn't she? She never disappoints.

Loving your BHLDN dress,Dionne. I'm wearing something so similar as a bridesmaid dress for my bestie's wedding in April!!

~ Clare x

curiouslookingglass.blogspot.com

L'Atelier said...

looks like a load of fun and you just looked gorgeous!! in both dresses!

Silver Strands said...

Looks like so much fun and YOU look amazing!

Amy - Thank You Cards Shop said...

that looks like such a fun event! love the dress you wore, so pretty :)

Becca said...

oh wow!
so fun and so fancy!

Shortening Bread said...

Thanks for posting pics of this amazing show! Maybe one day we can attend Houston Fashion Week together. I love the 20s inspired BHLDN number you wore! Gorgeous!

Tamara Nicole said...

Looks like a ball! Love that dress too:-)

Febe said...

Oh, that Erica! Ryan and I are so jealous that you got to take a picture with her. Haha! Looks like a you had a fabulous evening.

p.s. I absolutely love your dress!

Jess said...

The BHLDN dress looks super cute! I am so jealous that you got to see the Chloe Dao collection! I have loved her since Project Runway!