Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lace & Lattes

My favorites lately are Lace and Lattes.

Photobucket

I've always been a fan of coffee, but lately I've been having it a lot. Perhaps it's because BHLDN has a Starbucks across the street (PS. I don't like Starbucks hot coffee for some reason - but I love their iced lattes and fraps!), or maybe because I really like using my milk frother at home - I've just been a little coffee nuts lately - especially for lattes. I don't like it strong, I like it milky and sweet - pretty much like a drinkable dessert. :)

Photobucket

Coffee Macarons are my favorite, and I've been making Cappuccino Ice cream a lot at home to combat this nasty Houston Heat. And then there's my lace obsession. I've been designing a lot of wedding invitations lately, and a lot of brides have wanted textiles and lace incorporated into their design, so our place is packed with spools of luscious vintage lace.

I am off to go sit down with a glass of latte and get back into the invitation groove. I will be adding additional albums to my City of Dionne Facebook page soon which will include pictures of invitation design, some of the party styling I've done and other prettiness.

PS. How do you like your coffee - short and black? Macchiato-style? Cappuccino? I really like Affogatos - which are replacing the creamer with vanilla ice cream. Such a treat!

19 comments:

Daisy said...

Hmmm, this make me want coffee. I really like it with biscotti :)
Great pictures!

Georgie said...

I love an ice vanilla soy latte but I have to have whip cream on top! but if I'm being really bad than I'll go for a white chocolate frap. YUM!!

Dancing Branflake said...

I don't drink coffee but there is definitely something to be said about a drinkable dessert. Yum!

Meghan said...

When it comes to coffee, I don't discriminate! It makes me happy no matter what:)

jennifer ▲ i art u said...

Lovely. Salted caramel macs are my fave! And so are Affogatos :)

Hope you're having a good week Dionne!
j.

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

Lattes all the way!!
Love the new header btw!!

Shea said...

I'm like you, I doctor my coffee up with lots of cream and sugar. I drink hot brewed coffee in the morning at home, but when I go somewhere else for coffee I always get it cold. I love me some Starbucks Iced Mochas!

Looking Glass said...

I'm a soy cap gal & I adore affogato!! Yummo!

By the way, I agree on Bridget Jones as one my top fictional characters to have coffee with! I knew someone would come up with one I loved but just couldn't think of at the time haha!

~ Clare x

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I rarely like any sugar in beverages, but tonight I made an iced latte with a little nutella. So delicious.

Fondly,
Glenda

Jessica Di Giacomo said...

i Dionne, i don't like caffè, i know the italian coffè is diffrent but i don't like it, so i like the parfum of coffè!!
jessica

Chiara said...

Espresso or Italian coffee! But I think coffee macarons are fantastic!
Have a nice day!
Kiss from Italy

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

hmmm love cappuchinos, but vanilla ice cream plus cream... yummy! have a lovely day! xo

Kristin B said...

Mmmm... I'm a black coffee drinker (weird, I know) but I love a sweet treat every once in a while like a pastry or muffin with my morning cup!

Kristin said...

I LOVE the smell of coffee (and often ask the hubs to make some so our house smells nice), but I just can't stand the taste! I'm more of a chai latte or steamer girl. Mmm... especially when the weather turns - there's just nothing like a warm drink to perk you up. ;)

Jess said...

Don't get me started! I actually worked at Starbucks for 4 years while going to school... so I'm definitely hooked! I drink my regular coffee black... but I do love a Mocha or Caramel Macchiato from time to time for dessert!

PLUS I cannot believe you are making your own icecream! I will definitely have to try it sometime!!!

OH, & Chloe Dao, the winner from Season 2 of Project Runway, has a store in Rice Village called Lot 8. Hooray Project Runway!

Barbara said...

Prepare yourself! I don't drink coffee! I do love coffee macarons, coffee ice cream etc. etc., but I drink tea. I've just never liked the taste. I'm an odd ball, right? (I do make it for my family though.)

Pink Ronnie said...

Like it milky and sweet - just like you (though I"m having to cut down on the sugar....)
Coffee ice cream is the best!
Ronnie xo

Tender Branson said...

I've never been much of a coffee person as I can't stand the taste. Every once in a while I go for it and load everything I can into it to make it not taste coffee like.

amy b.s. said...

you can't beat a perfectly brewed americano with a bit of cream and sugar. nothing is worse than burnt coffee!