Monday, August 29, 2011

BHLDN Houston

Are you ready to come on a tour of BHLDN with me?

Photobucket
Houston, TX is so fortunate to be the chosen location for the world's first brick-and-mortar BHLDN. I am surrounded with so much eye-candy and inspiration, it pretty much blows my mind on a continual basis.
Photobucket
Coming from a Wedding Planning background, I can see that BHLDN has pretty much blown the roof off the typical wedding gown vendor experience. Normally a bride would walk into a room with racks of dresses lining the walls, and have to fossick through them like trying to find a $5 bill in a sea of bills in a wallet - tightly packed, and impossible to see without fishing it out. When you walk into the Bridal section at BHLDN, it's like walking into a European museum. Everything is thoughtfully and beautifully displayed on mannequins, so you can walk around it to get a 360 degree view and see how everything hangs. Walking into that space will make your jaw drop - I see it every day. It's amazing.
Photobucket
Photobucket

I am IN LOVE with so many of their event dresses. Kiss the days of one-use bridesmaid dresses goodbye. The dresses here are DEFINITELY something that you'd want to wear again - so much attention to detail, and designed to be just as comfortable as they are pretty. I will have to post some pictures of some of the event dresses soon. And don't even get me started on the accessories and decor items! I've already bought, this, this and this.

Photobucket
Aside from the products and the way the store is so impeccably and beautifully fitted and designed, I love that everyone on the team is excited to work there. No one is just working there for the sake of employment - they are all so creatively focused, and genuinely happy to be part of this team. I have several coworkers who moved to Houston from outside of Texas just for the privilege of working for BHLDN - so you've gotta know that they are gung-ho for this brand!

So if you're looking for a place to find the perfect party dress, decor for a party you're planning, or of course a gown for your wedding - come on over to BHLDN. And even if you're not, come over just to check out the store - it's like a gallery - you'll want to look around for hours!

*last image of me and some of my coworkers taken by j. cogliandro photography.

30 comments:

Lillian (Unstitched.) said...

Wow! This alone is worth a trip to Houston! I can only imagine just how gorgeous this brick & mortar BHLDN would look like...how fun! It must be so inspiring to be there and work :)

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh the bunting and pom pom display was done so well!! Good inspiration.

- Sarah
http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

Sey said...

Yay!! the mannequin friends are lovelies and you girls are gorgeous!

I checked the item you bought and they're one of a kind. I'm looking forward to see the plates with your mouth watering baked goodies.

Dancing Branflake said...

I have been WAITING for this post and it definitely lived up to all I was hoping for... and more!

I am soo completely thrilled for you and your new venture. What a fabulous looking team!

Erika Lee Sears said...

those types of dresses make any girl feel special.

Vanessa Mala/HeightofVintage said...

wow! just beautiful, wish they were around when I was planning my wedding.
at least i know where to direct future brides :)

Vanessa said...

I'd get married for one of those dresses alone!

Kelly J. R. said...

Eye candy is right! What a privilege to work in such a beautiful environment.

amy b.s. said...

seriously amazing. you aren't joking about the eye candy.

Natalie Nicole said...

Oh, I'm enamored with the design and loveliness of it all! Thanks so much for sharing, Dionne~

Sarah said...

Oh wow, the store looks incredible! I'm so excited for you that you get to be a part of it!

Nuha said...

i think i'd pass out in that store..so much prettiness :)

nicolthepickle said...

I'm a new follower and I love your beautiful pictures.
The dresses are so pretty. I could totally see wearing some of them to a great summer party.

Melanie's Randomness said...

How Beautiful!!!!

M.R. said...

so pretty!!

mindofmr.blogspot.com

Colores said...

WOW SO nice ! I wish we had something similar here!!!!

Looking Glass said...

The store looks just divine!

~ Clare x

Teresa said...

Absolutely divine!

It's a complete new concept indeed at least from my experience.

If I had one of these shops available when I was browsing I would postpone the wedding just to enjoy it a bit longer.

You have your work cut for you in such a magical space, D!

Have Fun and Be... Yourself!!!

Sara C. said...

BHLDN was such a discovery...I'm sorry I'm already married and I cannot wear their gowns
Have a lovely day
Sara C.

Hannah said...

Oh my! What a lovely place and magical space! You must be incredibly blessed to work there.

Erin Skye said...

Hey Dionne! Thanks for checking out my blog :)
I recently discovered BHLDN, and I just love it! I haven't checked out the accessories and decorations yet, but the dresses are amazing! I especially love the Ethereal Monarch Gown <3

Erin Skye said...

P.S. LOVE your blog header!

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

awesome! I'd love to be there, Dionne! xo

Mekkan said...

Every thing looks just super. And you girls look so charming. The great staff.

I Can Smell The Roses said...

Thank you Dionne for taking us on a virtual our of BHLDN. I would love to work there!

Everything is so pretty. I love your mannequin friends.

Congratulations on your new venture!

Amanda said...

Wow -- can you believe that you get to work with people who have such a talented eye? You are in good company, dear friend.

I think my paycheck would go right back into the store, too. :)

Truly Smitten said...

what a GORGEOUS place! You are very lucky to be a part of that team!

Tender B. said...

Stunning pictures. I was left wanting more...especially of the brunch.

Kristin said...

so jealous that it's not in chicago!

Plum Pretty Sugar Loungerie said...

Beautiful dresses!!!

xo

www.PlumPrettySugar.blogspot.com