Friday, August 5, 2011

BHLDN for Dessert

Being a stylist for BHLDN means that I am surrounded by eye-candy all day long...

I was looking through some of my past food photography and as I was browsing, I caught myself thinking "that dessert kinda reminds me of the Fondant Tea Dress"... so I started playing a little game. I started thinking about what desserts particular BHLDN gowns reminded me of. You all know that I LOVE desserts and I adore BHLDN, so it was a lot of fun to see what I could come up with.

Photobucket

Here are some of my results:

Photobucket

The lined detail on the Fondant Tea Dress reminds me of these pink sugar cookies I made. This bride is girly and enjoys simplicity, like the simplicity of a sugar cookie. I had pressed lines into the fondant on top and the delicate lined pattern definitely reminds me of the white-on-white lines on the skirt of this dress.Photobucket

The Burnished Organza Gown is so rich and decadent to me. The gold top, the layers of organza - OF COURSE it reminds me of my Chocolate Caramel layer cake! This bride is dreamy and likes the blend of vintage and glitz - just like this cake. A classic concept of chocolate cake, glammed up with layers and chocolate ganache icing.Photobucket

This Blushing Crinoline Sheath is so delicate and rosy. The soft pink layers of the skirt remind of the the pink ruffles on my pink ruffle cake that I'd made for my niece's birthday. The bride who wears this is romantic and what's more romantic than a ruffle cake?!Photobucket

Pinwheels are so playful and fun. The Pinwheel Tea Dress reminds me of Apricot Whoopie Pies. Playful and fun, but still small and feminine - perfect for the sassy bride.
Photobucket

I love the Confetti Rush Dress. Up close, you can see little confetti-like flecks in the skirting that reminds me of the shredded coconut of lamingtons. So cute! For the bride that wants to kick her heels off and party.
Photobucket

The Panes of Lace Gown is so refined and feminine to me. Demure and pretty, just like my Champagne Grape Charlottes.Photobucket

The bride who wears the Greenbow Lace Gown is a free spirit. She likes to shop at Farmer's Markets and live the simple life. I think this dress is a perfect match for a simple sweet brioche with marmalade. Photobucket
The Metropolis Dress is for the City Girl who likes looking chic and feminine. She's active and likes experiencing the sites and sounds of the city, so my Double Chocolate Panna Cottas with Fig and Pistachio seems like the perfect match to me. It's more exciting than a regular baked dessert, and the blend of cream and fruit correlates nicely with this bride's blend of dainty and modern.

What do you think? Are there any other BHLDN gowns that remind you of a particular dessert?

32 comments:

Hannah said...

They're absolutely perfect! The Panes of Lace Gown + Champagne Grape Charlottes was my favorite -- just lovely.

Nicole-Lynn said...

I love how you matched the dresses with the desserts! So cute! Great inspiration for hosting a party, and matching what you're serving! :)

L'Atelier said...

oh i love these! perfect matches!

amy b.s. said...

nothing else to say but stunning.

Dancing Branflake said...

Urgh. Your talent is mind blowing and just makes me squirm. Ha! Is that weird? I just get so giddy with your posts! So absolutely thrilled for you and your new venture.

Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com} said...

and now i'm starving for something sweet!! i just love desserts AND anything wedding, so you know i love this post :)

hope everything is going well with the new job!

Melissa Blake said...

this makes me want to get dressed up and go out for a fancy dessert!! thanks, dionne!! hope you're doing well! :)

Natalie Nicole said...

What a great eye you have to see the dessert in the details! I swooned over the desserts you've made. I'm caught between the Panes of Lace Gown and the Pinwheel Tea Dress (dessert-wise, the charlottes look amazing. I've never even heard of them, and your presentation blows my mind!).

Daisy said...

You are so creative! What a beautiful post.

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

I loved this post, Dionne. that ruffled cake is to die for. hope I could decorate like that! have a wonderful weekend, darling! xo

Hilary Claire said...

Just wanted to tell you I LOVE the new header! I'm looking to change mine too soon. Looks fantastic!

MademoizelleCoco said...

I love the idea and the pictures are great... And mixing 2 of my favorite things (fashion and food ^^)is so great !

Jess said...

What a fun post! And these are some fabulous desserts you have concocted! I love the Fondant Tea Dress and the Blushing Crinoline Sheath! So fun!

Little Miss Tiara said...

omg I want all those dresses and deserts!!! Dionne help meeee!!! :O

jennifer ▲ i art u said...

dionne! this is the most creative thing i've seen on the web in a while! really inspiring and i'm moved by the beautiful comparisons. your work is true art!
j.

Shea said...

This post was so fun--and your comparisons are so spot on! I love looking at fashion and food side by side. Now I'm really hungry and I want to go shopping :)

Brandi {not your average ordinary} said...

Your food photography is incredible, Dionne. You are really talented. The only unfortunate part is that I'm now INSANELY hungry -- and wishing I was getting married so I had an excuse to wear one of these amazing dresses.

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Dionne,

You are deliciously creative.

Fondly,
Glenda

All Things Photography said...

Another simply lovely post with a delicious twist!

I am loving the panes of lace gown, its gorgeous and it is paired perfectly with the champagne grape charlottes :D I also thought the pairing of the metropolis dress with the panna cottas was absolutely perfect :)

If I had to choose a dessert from your collection I would love to see what you would pair with those amazing white chocolate passion fruit kisses you made this year, they were divine not unlike a lot of these gorgeous gowns!

~Jenna

Tender Branson said...

Amazing post, like how you made a correlation between dresses and desserts, that is something I could see myself doing...your Apricot Whoopie pies reminded me that I am hungry.

Linh @ La-La Linh said...

Dionne!!! :) I am loving your blog and this post. It's pretty fantastic. Go BHLDN and yummy desserts!
-Linh

Looking Glass said...

Such a cute post, Dionne! Gosh I love that Burnished Organza Gown!!

~ Clare x

PS: Yay for lamingtons!!

Shortening Bread said...

Dionne, I love this post! Your imagination is out of this world. I love all the BHLDN gowns. The Crescendo Gown reminds me of my favorite dessert, banana pudding cheesecake. This dress has awesome, luscious layers just like the cheesecake.

Carissa said...

No. 1, it's been far to long since I've been around these parts!!

No. 2, I love your (new?) header! maybe it's been up awhile... but I love it all the same!

No. 3, what could be better than beautiful wedding gowns and scrumptious desserts? my fave is the burnished organza gown. such a perfect pair with the chocolate caramel deliciousness!

Sandra said...

Beautiful post!…so soft and perfect!

Kris said...

Such a fun post. Someone did a guest post for me once like this I just love this!

ohyouprettythings said...

I am in love with your blog! Everything is gorgeous! :]

Emily said...

Love that, I read a book awhile back that referred to pretty dresses with tulle as cupcakes. I can't get it out of my head when I see a pretty feminine dress.

Nuha said...

nothing i love more than pretty dresses and yummy desserts! a perfect match :)

rooth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PHILO said...

perfect pictures! oh I love the colours!

xoxo http://miss-philo.blogspot.com/

cindy murphy said...

Hi,
You really need to write an ebook or two. I saw an article you had written about craft booth display that was really good. I was disappointed that there wasn't any more!! I will subscribe to all writing-you have a new fan!

Cindy Murphy