Let's have breakfast, shall we?
Since the weather is so lovely right now, we absolutely MUST eat outside. Would either of these spots be suffice?
You bring the juice and coffee, and I'll bring the food.
If you'd like the recipe for this bread, meet me after the jump.
(Eating area images from here at House Beautiful. It makes me want several different patios, I just can't decide which space I like best!)
SWEET VANILLA BREAD
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/4 cups sour cream
2 1/2 tablespoons vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped up walnuts
2 tablespoons almond meal
2 tablespoons cold butter chopped in little cubes
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup of the brown sugar, confectioners sugar, baking powder, sour cream, vanilla, salt and eggs in bowl. Beat until mixed.
- Pour this batter into a loaf tin brushed with butter so the finished bread doesn't stick.
- Put the chopped walnuts, almond meal, the rest of the light brown sugar, cinnamon and butter into a bowl and mix until soft little balls form.
- Sprinkle this mix over the batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
For the sandwiches, I just used marmalade as the spread, and then topped it with slices of fresh mango, banana, crabapples and a dollop of maple syrup. It makes a lovely breakfast sandwich! Enjoy
Have a Fun Weekend.
1 day ago