Tuesday, February 15, 2011

This Year's Girl...

is spending more time treasuring her loved ones...
is going to master how to make the perfect french macaron (my past 3 attempts have ranged from ok to complete failure - i want perfection!)...
is more in love with her husband than last year's girl (which i never thought was possible)...
is inspired by the name of the etsy store "This Year's Girl"...

I recently discovered this charming Etsy store. I was immediately captivated by the name, and once inside, I discovered that it was full of lovely keepsakes.


Photobucket
Melissa's store is a beautiful collection of photography, cards, jewelry, and romantic notions. I am in love with the dreamy way that she captures life through the lens and combines it with a whimsical other-worldly feel. Her inspiration comes from music and film, along with trips to art galleries to see the work of her favorite artists.

Photobucket

In Melissa's first year of college, she took an elective class in photography, and knew right then that it was something that she needed to pursue. As time went on, customers started asking her if she would include her lovely photographs in jewelry pieces. People wanted to wear her art. So after researching jewelry making and lots of tutorials, Melissa introduced jewelry into her store, and now loves creating each piece.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Melissa is generously giving away a $25 gift certificate to her store to one lucky reader. To enter, tell me what you'd want to spend it on, and also what your "this years girl" is aiming to be. I will announce the winner next week.

(PS. The winner of the Felt & Wire Shop giveaway is A Different Wholeness).

27 comments:

Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com} said...

love, love, love that pendant! this year's girl is going to be more patient, selfless, and giving than last year's girl :)

and happy birthday to your handsome man!

Dancing Branflake said...

Oh my goodness! Love Sleep to dream. This year's girl needs to be more organized- I am so bad at that!

jaderoseboutique said...

Really love the pendants - will have to toss a coin to pick one! This year's girl is going to accept life as it comes each moment.

Meg said...

this year's girl has more confidence, is more spontaneous, and is not afraid to jump in with both feet! i LOVE that pendant, it's absolutely divine!

Phoenix said...

This year's girl is refusing to take the lemons that life throws at her personally - and is gonna learn to go with the flow just a little bit more. :)

(no promises, though! I maintain the right to suck at doing both of these things!)

Colores said...

Ohh sweetie! I am trying to bake the best macarons ever ( love their form) but still a beginner here! If you master please please let me know how! kisses

va said...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/54724528/the-golden-egg-myth-5x7inch-print

is going to be more positive ,
is going to try her best to cook at home , to be consistent , to pray more , to make more time to take care of me , and find good hair products to work for me and not fail .

tumblemumbo at gmail dot com
intl

Lindsey said...

So, I've been incredibly blessed lately: one story is that students gave me gift cards so I was able to pay it forward on Sunday in the Starbucks drive through. I was so excited about blessing others that I prayed to be blessed more, in order to bless it forward. The next day, I got 2 G.C.s in a meeting, and one more today.

If I were to win, I would pay it forward to someone else who needs a bit of beauty in their life.

Sidereal Day said...

Melissa's shop is really lovely, I've had my eye on a few items for a while now. My favorite is Sanctuary.
This years girl is going to be bold.

jessica said...

uh..la là..what a wonderful charm of alice's!love, love love all this objects..thank you to inspring me, alway ..thank you to this amazing paint
love
jessica

Robin K said...

This years girl is hoping to be a better wife and business owner. :)

Would love to get this locket: http://www.etsy.com/listing/62769837/little-fox-prince-locket-wearable-art

robin [at] intensewhisper [dot] com

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

This years girl is more content.

I really liked the alice in wonderland charm bracelet.

fondly,
Glenda

ps. i love it that you love your husband more this year. keep up the great work.

Mechelle said...

I hope to get some form a creative group once a month.

I really like her pendant titled Sanctuary.

Felicia Kramer said...

I have been a fan of Melissa's for a long time. Every time I see "The Wing Collector" or "Merry-go-round" I'm drawn to them. Always to look forward with gratitude.

Melanie's Randomness said...

Oh Wow her photos are beautiful!! I would spend the money on that carousel picture! It's gorgeous & whimsical! =)

My year's aim is to be less stressed & enjoy the lil things more. ooo if you do master the french macaroon please do a post! =)

Melanie's Randomness

Jingle said...

I would so choose the Forrest Royalty necklace! I love it!!! jinglesells at gmail dot com

Lee said...

I love lockets - Little Fox prince is adorable- would gift to my lovely daughter with some cute surprises in it.
This years girl is striving for more quality time with my older kids!

Mary Lee said...

I would get the Metamorphosis IV, Wearable Art, Antique Gold Brass, 18 Inch Chain, Round, Charm Necklace, it is so hauntingly beautiful!

This year's girl will be a better wife and mother!

maryleebythesea(at)gmail(dot)com

Tender Branson said...

What does the complete failure of a macaron look like? Like how you tied the post together.

Christina said...

I love this Sanctuary pendent: http://www.etsy.com/listing/61089165/s-a-n-c-t-u-a-r-y

I think she is aiming to be reflective, peaceful, and confident.

grahamcrackerbabykisses AT gmail DOT com

Birgit said...

This year's girl is more frugal, more decisive and more adventurous!

danaan at gmx dot at

Angie said...

I love the Metamorphis IV necklace. It is so pretty! The color is amazing!

rennieangie at gmail dot com

Martini said...

I'll definitely check out that Etsy store.

Gaia said...

this year girls is... I'm still working on that!

Love Alice's brooch...of course!

Heather Taylor said...

The Alice bracelet, most definitely.
This year's girl is working to move overseas and work for a company I really care for. She's also writing much more!

adifferentwholeness.com said...

Dionne - just another quick "Thank You" for the Praxium Press journal I won in the Felt & Wire Shop giveaway. It just arrived and, wow, is it beautiful! I will so enjoy using it! Thanks again! - Karen

TiaTracey said...

The Queen note card set is divine! This years girl is going to think before she speaks...