Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Demeanor Made of Bright, Pretty Things...

... is part of the opening line to my favorite song right now (go listen, it's definitely a great get-ready-to-tackle the day melody).
Photobucket
"I wear a demeanor made of bright pretty things - what she wears, what she wears, what she wears... Birds singing on my shoulder, in harmony it seems - how they sing, how they sing, how they sing...

I love the idea of that. Treating my demeanor (my attitude and behaviour) like it's something I put on, or wear. And describing my demeanor as being made of bright, pretty things. Our attitude is definitely something that we have control of, and I like the idea of imagining it as a tangible thing, and how it would look if it were visible. Would it be beautiful and sparkly, or would it be sharp and dark?

"I've got halos made of summer, rhythms made of spring - What she wears, what she wears, what she wears... I got crowns of words a-woven, each one a song to sing. Oh I sing, oh I sing, oh I sing..."

Sometimes my whole mood seems to be controlled by what type of hair day I am having. How odd that hair would dictate my whole tune for the day. So this morning, no matter what - I am wearing a demeanor made of bright, pretty things. My mood is looking like some of these outfits:
Photobucket
Photobucket
What is your demeanor made of today?

*photos courtesy of the store in each caption's websites.

22 comments:

Colores said...

today not really brightful.. as I guess I am getting a cold.... ! kisses

Nuha said...

That's exactly why I LOVE fashion! You can wear whatever you want to suit your mood. But my own personal advice is, whenever you feel horrible..look incredible. It will definitely lift your spirits!

Sandy a la Mode said...

ok i am loving that yellow skirt from ruche!! ahhh i want it soo bad!!!

Brandi {not your average ordinary} said...

These outfits are adorable! I think in many ways you do wear how you feel. Right now I'm in comfy clothing because I'm not feeling 100% today; I'm just trying to stay warm and feel better.

Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com} said...

my demeanor today seems a little bit distracted...but in a good way! probably because i'm blogging at work :)

Michele said...

Your post is so dead on! I completely agree and I guess that also goes with "you feel how you dress". Which....wearing pajamas while working feels great, but I am more lazy in them. Haha! Love the outfits...especially the top ones. Uplifting post, Dionne. Have a fantastic day!

Sleepy Darlings said...

always love bright pretty things!!

hope you wont think of this as spam, but seeing as we're on the subject of bright... i thought you might like some of the jewelry i make, check out christijay.etsy.com

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I am a little grouchy today . . . need a new demeanor, for sure.

Fondly,
Glenda

Amanda said...

I love some Brooke Fraser! Such a happy, floaty, cheerful song (and post!)!

Lily from Birch + Bird said...

I love your description of treating your demeanor as something you put on every day...something I need to put a bit more effort into these days! Thanks for sharing!

koko said...

Glad I stumbled upon your blog. It's darling.

Dancing Branflake said...

My demeanor? Happy and anxious for me day off tomorrow. Gorgeous colors in these picks.

Audrey Allure said...

Love the looks of Free People & Luca Luca!

Carolina said...

jus stumbled upon your blog! and it is the cutest one i have ever seen!! :) greetings from canada!

Sharon said...

my fave song too right now - loved your post inspired by it!

S and O said...

How gorgeous...lovely dresses!
I truly am enamored with that plaid from Free People -- just gorgeous!
xoxo
Olivia

Phoenix said...

My demeanor is a little bit anxious...but always trying to stay sunny and bright. :)

Jess said...

I'm in love with this song! It definitely describes how I've been feeling the past few days (There's something in the water) except more because people have been acting LOCO!

Looking Glass said...

What a lovely way to think about it :-) I like it!

~ Clare x

Tamara Nicole said...

Dionne you are adorable! So today . . . I wore snow boots with my scrubs to work lol. BUT I did rock some cute hair . . . can't do much having to wear scrubs. :-)

Nonszalancka said...

amazing blog:) what about following each other?:D kisses from Poland <3

Sarah said...

That yellow skirt is amazing!