Tuesday, January 4, 2011

SoCal New Year's Blogger's Bee

I'm baaaack!

I had the best time in California. It was a jam-packed few weeks, but it was full of fun, great memories and lots of delicious food. One of the great things I got to do while I was away was host my third SoCal Blogger's get-together.

.........Photobucket
It was a blast! In attendance were ten bloggers, four husbands, two babies, one toddler and one dog. It was at the ever-darling Aroma Cafe in Studio City.
Photobucket
Our decor sponsors this year were fantastic. Such creative people! The silverware place markers are from Jessica N Designs. She personalized each piece with the person's name, and I just popped them into some little pots and filled them with rocks and topped them with moss. They were such a lovely touch to the table. Everyone loved them. She did such a great job with them! Thanks, Jessica! She also has a great blog here - go check it out!

The lovely flower arrangements were conceptualized and arranged by the truly awesome Christina from Flores Del Sol. You might remember the custom arrangement she did for me here. Well after that, I knew she would be the perfect person to approach to sponsor the arrangement for this year's blogger's bee - and luckily for us she said yes! Stop by her shop and check out her gorgeous arrangements, and also say hi over at her blog.
Photobucket
And isn't this "Celebrate" bunting adorable? It's from the awesome Lauren from A Fabulous Fete. Her shop is such a great shop for pretty party bits and pieces, and you can read more about her goodies and fun DIY crafts at the Fabulous Fete blog. I will be blogging soon about the goody bags that each blogger received, and included in their loot were their own little bunting strands like this.

Photobucket
Photobucket

The bloggers that came along to my little New Year's Day gathering were: Ashley, Carissa, Danni, Heather, Kira, Lindsey, Lyndsey, Maggi, Tracy, and me. It was great getting together with them all and I can't wait to do it again next year!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
My next post will be about the awesome goody bags filled with items donated by fabulous Etsy sponsors. Keep your eyes out for that, and for your chance to win a goody bag! I will also be announcing the winners of the two giveaways that were running while I was away in that post.

38 comments:

Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com} said...

love those flower arrangements! looks like such a lovely party :)

Ashley said...

What a fun, fun time! Thanks again D!

photojoy said...

They all look so happy. Nice smile!
Some faces are familiar to me. Isn't this great?
Happy New Year, Dionne!

Melanie's Randomness said...

Aww how sweet is this!! I really need to go to one of these! I love the decorations & the lil guys are too cute!! =)

Melanie's Randomness

kira said...

parting from all of you and that wicked bread pudding was such sweet sorrow!! thank you so much for creating such a lovely brunch! also that cake candy from the goodie bag was the best thing i have eaten thus far in 2011. yummmmm.

Dancing Branflake said...

Oh, how fun! I have always wanted to do a meet-up. These photos are so wonderful... as are those place markers. So Sweet!

Jessica said...

The way you used my silverware markers was so cute! So glad I could be a part of your lovely event that way!

Thanks!
Jessica

tt moreno said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina- floresdelsol said...

Dionne,
thanks so much! your event looks like it was a blast. I am honored you asked me to do the arrangements!
<3 christina

Meghan said...

What an awesome event! I am so glad you were able to meet so many fantastic bloggers - especially that Maggi! Love that girl!

Happy New Year!

lyndsey | paper girl said...

thanks so much for hosting, dionne -- it was so much fun!

Phoenix said...

Awesome. I had such a blast, Dionne! It was great to make new friends and see all the people I met last year again :)

Thanks again for hosting!

lauren said...

oh my gosh everything looks so great! thanks so much for asking me to contribute a little something for the gals too! can't wait to see all the goodies you gave away:)

AMKreations said...

I love the place markers made with silverware!

It looks like you had an amazing time! I'm happy for you.

Happy New Year!

Notes from Holly St. said...

how fun!! i LOVE Aroma Cafe...my husband and I go all time. wish I knew about this blogger get-together, I love meeting other fellow bloggers :)...looks like so much fun!

Notes from Holly St. said...

ohh oops...i just read that it was a private party. thought it was open to everyone sort of thing...sorry! :)

p.s. great job with the centerpieces and place holders...adorable!

Tender Branson said...

Welcome back, looks like a great time. I especially love those centerpieces...brilliant!

Dionne said...

Hi Holly, it wasn't a private get-together. The Blogger's events I host are always open to all!

Jess said...

Looks like a fabulous time! The centerpieces and place markers are amazing! Thanks for checking out my little ol' blog! I see we are fellow Houstonians! <3

Amanda said...

I'm loving all the details you put into this dinner! Your hard work really shows!

Will be putting the floral arrangements in my "idea folder". What are the yellow round ones?

a little bit of sunshine said...

the place markers, arrangements, and other decorations are too cute!
looks like you all had a wonderful time!!
how exciting!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

What an awesome blogger meet up. I've never been to one but I hope when I get to go on my first it will be just as much fun as you guys had. Happy 2011 sweetie!

Signe said...

Happy new year! Glad to hear you had a great time and your blogger's get-together looks like a blast :)

Jrsygurl4life said...

Wow, that looks like sooo much fun. I'm so interested in a blogger meet-up, although I live in PA!

Pamela said...

SOOOO fun!!!

Dash said...

uve hosted yet another great party, dionne! looks absolutely divine! wish i was there:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Everything looks so fantastic! I bet it had to be so much fun!!! I love the flowers and the photos are beautiful:) Have a great Thursday, my dear
Kisses

*mAki* said...

Aww it looks like you had such wonderful time in Cali with all of your friends!!!!

All the photos are so lovely!
xoxo

Carissa said...

such a fun time! it was so nice seeing old faces and meeting some new! thanks again Dionne for putting it all together. you are amazing! and so were the sponsors! :) I love everything in my goodie bag and I agree with Kira, those cake balls were mighty delicious!

a whole lotta love said...

I love those silverware place markers!! What a great idea. It looks like a great time. Glad you had fun. :)

A Whole Lotta Love,
Adrienne

Jan said...

Looks like you all had a blast! I enjoy your blog and, as a brand new SoCal blogger, I'm learning a lot here. Thanks!

Kris said...

Looks splendid! Happy New Years!

Melissah said...

I'm an interior designer from Melbourne, Australia - I loved your blog, I found it very inspiring. This is all new to me but I have just set up my own blog
scrapbook-melissah.blogspot.com
You may like to check it out because I had so much fun doing it.
Thanks for providing me with such great entertainment!
Cheers
Melissah

ola appletea said...

so great!!! BEST post!

Gloria said...

this looks like so much fun - the silverware seating markers are too cute!

Barbara said...

Oh! You got to meet Tracy! How fun. I love her blog.
This was a super post, Dionne. Wish I could have been a little mouse in your pocket!

MJ said...

I wish I had known!! This is literally minutes from my house!! I'll be there next time :)

Holly Knitlightly said...

It looks like such a lovely time! You throw amazing parties. :) I would have loved to come! Next time, throw one in Southern Ontario, okay? hehe.