Friday, October 1, 2010

Photo Shoot Styling

I have always loved taking photos.

During high school I remember that I would constantly be taking photos, and still to this day I can't help but be armed with a camera.

Photobucket

This weekend I styled an anniversary photo shoot for a couple that had won a contest that the Wedding Planning company that I work for (Precious Nuptials) held. It was a lot of fun and the perfect weather for it. The couple had gotten married on a road trip, so I wanted to give the photo shoot a 1940's roadtrip feel. I scouted for vintage gas pumps in the area and found one near a lovely old house, and immediately knew it would be perfect for the shoot.

Even though there was a talented professional photog taking the photos, I couldn't help but snap a few of my own behind-the-scenes shots. If you'd like to see shots I took of the couple, and more behind-the-scenes shots, come meet me over here.

Photobucket

22 comments:

Vanessa Mala/HeightofVintage said...

great photos!
I did a traveling theme for my bridals as my husband is always out of town.

a whole lotta love said...

Those are the most precious photos you took of the couple. I can't imagine what the 'professional' ones looked like. Precious Nuptuals is definitely the right name for the company!

EMANUELA PARADISO said...

Thank you for comment...
you blog is beautiful!!!
I follow you...

Emanuela

LBB said...

What pretty photos you took and great styling! What can't you do??? ;)

Kris said...

Cute! Have a great weekend!

Holly Knitlightly said...

I think a photoshoot with you would be the absolute best!

kelly ann said...

i love vintage suitcases... especially in photoshoots! :) styling shoots is so much fun, i've done it a few times now and i absolutely love it!

Looking Glass said...

I can't wait to see the rest of the photos! I really love the 40's! What an awesome idea for an anniversary shoot :-)

~ Clare x

sEy said...

those are great photos. I love taking photos too even though I'm not that good at it.

jennifer ▲ i art u said...

so sweet. you have such a good eye dionne!
j.

Tali Schiffer said...

Great work on the styling, and the photos look great!

Barbara said...

I'm glad you take so many photos, Dionne! You have a wonderful eye--I think that comes from being such a talented artist.
I don't take nearly enough...when I travel, yes, but I just don't have an artistic eye.

Christina- floresdelsol said...

I love your illustrations Dionne! And your photographs are always beautiful. I started out the same way too in High School with my camera, I could not and still can not put it down!

Ziuzs said...

lovely photos & lovely way of presenting them...

http://livingthroughthespiritofmydreams.blogspot.com/

Kristin said...

What a fabulous idea! The photos must have turned out gorgeous!

Gaia said...

I've seen the shooting..AMAZING! I wis I was the winner...
How are you sweetie?
Have a great week!

Monique said...

Those photos are really sweet. Thanks for sharing. I love the luggage.

das. said...

Nice photos and great work on the styling!

Tender Branson said...

Nice touch with the old gas pumps.

Courtney Dirks said...

Dionne - I wished you lived in Seattle so I could send wedding business your way. You are so good adding all the perfect extra touches that really seem to make things go from good to great!

Notes from Holly St. said...

beautiful photos!

FMK Vintage and Fairy Tale said...

Amazing pictures!!!

http://frederiquekragbe.blogspot.com