Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fashion Week

This past week was Houston Fashion Week and it was a fantastic week of local, national and international design brought to the Houston stage.

....Photobucket

Yep, you better believe it - Houston has a Fashion Week. Are you surprised that there's more to Houston than oil, gas and NASA?

I had a blast admiring all the gorgeous new designs from talented fashion designers, but my two absolute favorites were the collections from Chloe Dao and Irina Shabayeva. Both collections were full of flowy feminine details, and you all know how much of a girly girl I am!

Photobucket
Not only were the clothes fantastic, but so were the sponsors. Net-a-Porter kept us fed with pretty french macarons that matched the colors of Chloe Dao's balloons, and a constant stream of yummy appetizers. It was a great night!

Photobucket
Photobucket

I am soooo excited for Fashion Week next year. I know it's a year away, but I already can't wait to go!

If you'd like to see more of my pictures from the show, you can see my favorites here.

14 comments:

lisaroyhandbags said...

These are all so pretty - I'm really loving that aqua gown! :)

Sey said...

loving the dress. I love watching fashion shows too, imagining that i'm one of them..haha!

Dancing Branflake said...

These are seriously great photos. I mean, they could easily be in a magazine. Beautiful!

Dancing Branflake said...

I'm you're newest follower!

sassy said...

wow- so fun!

Merylu said...

Mmmmm french macarons! Yummy!
Beautiful photos and post :) I LOVE the light blue dress! It reminds me of Cinderella ;)
Happy Monday!
Mary

Tender Branson said...

I am amazed Houston has fashion week. Not because of what I think about Houston but more about my impressions of fashion. I thought it only happened in Europe. Great pictures.

Gloria said...

Gorgeous! The "ethereal + flowing" dress reminds me of a modern/super hip version of Cinderella

Melissa Blake said...

I love the balloons!! :) Great photos!

Natalie Nicole said...

Typically when I hear the words "fashion week," I imagine clothes that appear uncomfortable and bizarre worn by models with stern, almost mean, expressions. These photos, however, show a very different kind of fashion week. Everything is so feminine and more laid-back. A kick-off with balloons and macaroons? Houston hosts my kind of fashion week!

Ms. Pink said...

How fun! just discovered your blog and I love it!

mp
http://www.thepinkandblueblog.com/

Tali Schiffer said...

Fashion Week's can be so exciting! I actually went with my camera one year in Vancouver for the Vancouver Fashion Week, and I went to 4 different shows and it was a blast!

Holly Knitlightly said...

All of those outfits are GORGEOUS! And I love your drawings so much, you are so talented! I'm off to check out the rest of your photos. :)

Notes from Holly St. said...

LOVE the photo with the balloons...gorgeous!