Friday, September 24, 2010

My Weaknesses

We all have weaknesses. Those things that even though we say "NO!", we eventually turn around and say yes.

Photobucket

Here are my Top 10:

1. An extra hour of sleep - I always set my alarm an hour before I really need to get up, and then when it wakes me, I set it to go off again when I really need to wake up. I trick myself into thinking I am getting an extra hour of sleep.

2. Brian's goofy dancing - No matter how hard I try not to laugh, there's this particular dance Brian does when I am mad at him, and I ALWAYS burst out into laughter. ALWAYS.

3. Cheese - Particularly Pecorino Romano cheese. I can't resist it. I hate it when we run out, so I always buy a new block just before our current one runs out.

4. Desserts - I can be REALLY full after a big meal, but if there's dessert, I somehow make room for it.

5. Weekend Breakfasts - During the week I can go without breakfast if I don't have time, but on weekends - I love making a big breakfast.

6. Lattes (with and without ice) - I am a sucker for lattes. Any time I go out to eat, along with water, I like to have a latte to complete my meal.

7. Pretty plates - Probably my biggest impulse buy item.

8. Anthropologie - my favorite store. I love their products, their styling, everything!

9. Ruche - I would say that at least half of my clothes are from this store. I LOVE it!!!

10. Cooking Reality TV Shows - Brian and I have a few shows that we watch together on Hulu. 4 out of 7 of them are cooking shows.


What are your weaknesses?

(PS. My latest Meylah article is up. It's all about being an effective blogger. Check it out here).

19 comments:

Tali Schiffer said...

I'm with you on items 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8. I'm also a sucker for design TV shows, icecream, and kitchen stuff!
Happy Friday :)
xo

Truly Smitten said...

LOVE your list! And I agree with you...dessert and anthropologie...makes me weak in the knees...Happy Friday =)

Lindsey said...

Cheese it's.

Making art when I'm supposed to be doing something else.

Reading great blogs like this at work...ssh!

Melanie's Randomness said...

Ohhh Anthropologie is a big weakness, & dessert & cheese & yeah reality TV! hehe. I love my weaknesses!! =)

Hey lady I'm also running a giftcard giveaway for CSN stores! If you get a chance hop on over to my blog!

CSN Stores Giftcard Giveaway

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

oh well... I'm a sucker for shoes, gorgeous high heel shoes, wine and cheese, pretty tea cups, cute dogs and cats, precious rings, my boys puppy eyes begging for something... should I go on? hope you have a lovely weekend, darling! xo

passport in my pocket said...

oh yes, cheese would def make my top 10 list too! :)

sEy said...

Weaknessess: I love shirts and If i saw one i really save to get it and one thing more..CHICKEN, though I'm allergic to it.

a whole lotta love said...

LOVE this list! Its great when your weaknesses are actually strengths... what make you YOU. Right now I have a weakness for baking all things apple.. which means I then have to eat them :)

dulci said...

haha yes I am sooo with you! LOVE reality cooking shows!!

http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

Silver Strands said...

Ahhhh ... pretty plates ... YUP.
oxoxo
Denalee

Holly Knitlightly said...

I've got to say I agree with the majority of your list!! Haha.

Vegetarian Girl said...

Shopping... Food (esp. eating out!)...

Takeaway Coffee is a big weakness of mine, expensive and high in calories but I just can't walk past the shop! And then I also have to have a muffin!

Giovanna ♥ said...

You have such a lovely blog!
xo
Giovanna
Boho Market Blog

avant garde said...

i'm with you on the cheese! on a deserted island, i would need bread, cheese, red wine, jazz music, book and mascara (yeah, i said mascara ;) some other weaknesses...i have to be near the beach, all of the time. i could never move to the woods. coffee, but only really good coffee. and eating fabulous food, why eat bad food right? happy weekend!

Jayne said...

Kitchen stuff, cooking shows, and i'm also a sucker that sets my alarm too early just so i can be grateful to sleep a little longer....
I also change all the clocks in the house to be 10 minutes fast, while my momma runs around and changes them all back, because it makes her neurotic to think that they aren't precise (and that i think i can change something like that which we are not in control of :p ),
I on the other hand, know what time it really is, and I'm actually not trying to fool myself, i just don't want the kids to think they can sit around for 10 more minutes because then we WILL be late! :)

Tender Branson said...

J-Fur is obsessed with anthropologie though she is pretty good about not always buying stuff from there. I had a latte the other day at a local tea place, pumpkin spice, it made me really want to see the fall (actual fall not just calendar fall).

Lovely notes said...

Good heavens, the Ruche website is heavenly!
Hmm...
I am not sure whether I should thank you or never come here again to keep my wallet from being useless without any money to keep in it... ;)
You have such a lovely blog!

Courtney Dirks said...

Oh my gosh, I have too many weaknesses to count! :) The ones on the top of my mind are (1) the Paper Zone (2) iTunes (3) mason jars (4) a little brick and mortar shop in Seattle called the Endless Knot. Oh, and gnocchi too, it's just too good to pass it up! Thanks for passinga long Ruche, it looks amazing! And such great prices too!

lark + linen said...

I love this!
Your blog is some kind of wonderful. I came here and have been lost for the past hour.
Wonderful!