As you all know, I love to cook and bake.
But what you don't know is that if I am by myself, I enjoy cooking to music.
If you don't do it, you should try it. It definitely helps me to be more creative with my cooking. Here are some of my favorites to create to:
I Can't Help Myself (The Four Tops).... for cute, playful desserts.
La Valse D' Amelie (Yann Teiersen)..... for detailed, beautiful pastries.
Viva La Vida (Coldplay) .... for rich layer-cakes.
Say Na Say Na (Aneela Mirza).... for experimenting with exotic dishes.
Fly Me To The Moon (Frank Sinatra).... for cooking comfort food.
Mambo Italiano (Dean Martin).... for yummy Italian dinners.
And here are some of the results from over this weekend:
If you like pairing food with music, you must check out Write, Click, Cook, Listen.
For the recipes, meet me after the jump.
STUFFED ZUCCHINI BLOSSOMS:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon lemon juice
- 10 zucchini blossoms
- Mix the first two ingredients together to make your batter, and then set aside.
- Combine the rest of your ingredients (except the blossoms) into a smooth consistency and spoon into each blossom. To seal them blossoms, twist the tops of the petals together.
- Dip each blossom in the batter and shake of the excess.
- Fry the blossoms for 5-6 minutes in vegetable oil until cooked, turning over to cook each side.
- 1 stick of butter (half a cup)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup corn flour
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- juice of two passion fruits --- substitute for 3 tablespoons strawberry jam if doing Strawberry Melting Moments
- a drop of pink food coloring if doing Strawberry Melting Moments
- 1/2 stick of butter (1/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar --- use 1 cup if making Strawberry Melting Moments
- pulp and juice of 1 passion fruit --- substitute for 3 blended fresh strawberries if doing Strawberry Melting Moments.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Farenheit
- Beat together the first 5 ingredients until smooth
- Form into small balls and place on lined baking tray
- Press on each ball with the prongs of a fork
- Bake for 13 minutes until golden
- Set aside to cool for half an hour
- Beat filling ingredients together until creamy
- Once Melting Moments are cool, spread filling on one and then sandwich with another on top.
The Magic of French Jeans
3 hours ago