One thing that I missed about home when Brian and I were on vacation:
Cooking and Baking.
Now that I am back, I have returned to the kitchen with a vengeance.
Have you baked or cooked anything yummy recently?
For the Mini Milo Meringue Cake Recipe, join me after the jump.
Mini Milo Meringue Cake:
INGREDIENTS FOR CAKE:
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 2 TB Milo (can be substituted for cocoa, but it won't taste nearly as good!)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 eggs
INGREDIENTS FOR MERINGUE:
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Water
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
DIRECTIONS FOR CAKE:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cream the sugar and butter together
- Add the eggs and vanilla essence
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and combine well
- Pour Batter into little cake moulds and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer poked into it comes out clean
DIRECTIONS FOR MERINGUE:
- Boil water and sugar together in a pot until it becomes a syrup-like consistency
- Whisk together Egg Whites and Cream of Tartar in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form
- Pour syrup in with egg whites gradually, while whisking continuously
- Keep whisking until it becomes room temperature
Smother the meringue over the cake like icing, and then brown the edges with a blow torch.
How Not to Get Blisters From Shoes
4 hours ago