Sunday, August 29, 2010

Grand Opening

This past Thursday night, Brian, two of my girlfriends and I went to the Grand Opening of the latest Ruggles Green Restaurant. It's Houston's first Certified Green Restaurant.

Photobucket

I am part of a Foodie Club who meets once a month at a different restaurant, and as soon as I heard about this opening, I immediately thought of two of my Foodie Club girlfriends to come along with us.

It was a great night out with free appetizers and desserts all night, and a fantastic DJ. Then when it got dark, everyone hit the dancefloor.

Photobucket
Good fun, good food and good people. That's pretty much the perfect night out.

14 comments:

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

sounds like a great evening, and those shrimps look delicious!!

Pretty Neat Designs said...

It does sound like the perfect night out! I love restaurants that feature local food.

k. davis said...

yum yum yum! What a wonderful dining out!

Rainy Daisy said...

This looks amazing! If you ever go to Burlington Vermont, you MUST go to Magnolias. Also green certified, they have the best pancakes in the history of everything.

And apparently I need to plan a foodie trip to Houston soon...

Cheers!
Daisy

caroline @ patagonia gifts said...

mmmm love shrimps and those look so yummy! looks like you had a wonderful time! happy monday!

Kristin said...

mmm! I just went to a great restaurant called Mado here in Chicago, and we had the most wonderful meal. My favorite part? Dessert, of course! A stack of crunchy dark chocolate migas bark and a lemon mouse with apricot compote and lemon curd. just typing it makes me want more!

If I lived in Houston, could I be part of your foodie club?

Holly said...

i know this is about the food, but i LOVE your outfit!

Vanessa Mala/HeightofVintage said...

ruggles green is one of my fave places in Houston! there yam fries are pretty fantastic!

Btw you look cute!

vanessa

Tambria said...

I LOVE your outfit, Dionne. I know you all had a great time.

Tender Branson said...

I love the idea of a green restaurant. I hope more and more of these start springing up. Going with the theme of green, great shot of the green vinyl.

Sarah Mina said...

I can't wait to check out ruggles green! Which one did you go to?

Pamela said...

yuUuUummy!!

Holly Knitlightly said...

Mmm! Sounds like such an awesome club, I love it!

simone leblanc said...

Looks delish!