Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wedding Paperie

I heart invitations.

My sister's wedding is coming up in a few short weeks, and I have been really busy with all the paper items - programs, signs, tags, labels. It's a lot of fun, but there's a lot of it to do!

Here are two invitations that I recently designed for her. If any of you are interested in knowing my design rates, you can email me at cityofdionne@gmail.com.
Photobucket

Instead of an Afternoon Tea, the Bridal Shower is going to be an afternoon 'breakfast', since Breakfast is Karla's favorite meal of the day. When I think of breakfast, I think of coffee, toast and reading the newspaper, so I decided to incorporate newsprint into the background of the invite, but keep it girly with adding a frilly detail.

Then for the wedding - it's going to be a casual wedding, with the ceremony at the beach and the reception in a backyard. That's why I had the invitation printed on wood, to add to that casual theme.

What do you think?

PS. Speaking of Weddings. For all Houstonian couples - Precious Nuptials and Destinations is hosting a giveaway of a free Engagement/Anniversary shoot. Stop by here to enter!

25 comments:

{eleise} said...

THESE ARE AMAZING!!!

I really love the wedding invite!

Meg said...

the wood is gorgeous, and so original! these absolutely are invitations that guests will keep for a long time :)

Stephanie said...

the coolest invitations I've ever seen!

the southern hostess said...

These are gorgeous! You're so stinkin' talented.

sEy said...

what a cool idea!!! so unique!

Holly Knitlightly said...

These are beautiful! I want you to do mine (one day)!

Ashley said...

Adorable D! You're sister is so lucky to have your expertise!

k. davis said...

Dionne... LOVE the idea of sticking newspaper behind the invite! What a lucky sister you have to be receiving these amazing creations!

Kaye Prince said...

The invitations are awesome Dionne - I'm so happy that the paper bunting turned out!

Mechelle said...

The invitations are so unique!

CaraBella said...

Seriously, these invites are just *darling* -- lucky, lucky sister!

Little Miss Tiara said...

mmm... can you be here when I finaly get married? Bcause that printed on wood invitation is so exceptionally cute! I've never thought of something like that and I am sure it'll awe all my friends!

ahh.. bst wished to your sister! She's so lucky to have such creative sister like you! :D hehehee..

GloamingDesigns said...

so inspired - love it! just yesterday i started playing around with ideas for our save-the-dates and it's too fun!! but there are also too many ideas swirling around in my head...

love the wood invite! where did you ever find a printer who prints on wood?

Tali Schiffer said...

What a creative invitation! I love that it's printed on wood, and I love the whole look of it!

Gaia said...

fantastic! I love the wooden invitations!

Have a great weekend !

Carissa said...

I already told you how much I love these on facebook, but I'll tell you again, I LOVE THEM! hehe. seriously you are so talented and creative!

jennifer young said...

oh my dionne! amazing job! they're so lovely and unique! really loving all the texture!
j.

Monica at In Wanderment said...

Just stopping by to see what's new in Dionne's world. Your blog looks lovely as always.
XO
Monica

LBB said...

I love the invites, Dionne! What a a lucky sister you have. All the details like the pretty lace along with your sweet illustrations...perfect!

Nicole Marie said...

i absolutely love the wood ones! so perfect!

Heather Taylor said...

Methinks you are a wedding invitation creating genius! Excellent work with both, I'd be so proud to have them if it was my wedding!

Chiara said...

Amazing and so original!!!!

I wish I had a special occasion so I could ask you to make me invites!!!

xoxo

joiedevivre-chiara.blogspot.com

sassy said...

those are outstanding! are they really printed on wood? real wood?

Kristin said...

Loooooove the banners on that wedding invite. So cute!

Tambria said...

Gorgeous Dionne! Great job!