Tuesday, February 9, 2010

List 1: My Favorite Pretties

I am a compulsive List-maker.

I love making lists. There's something about seeing things written down on a clean sheet of paper - words full of promise staring up at me. Some of my lists are more serious - such as a list of goals; whereas some are just for fun - like lists of people I would invite to my next tea party.

I am going to share with you a few of the items from one of my lists. Welcome to My Favorites List!

1. Desserts on Pretty Plates - I love seeing a lovely slice of cake on a pretty plate. Food is art, after all! I've also written a story at Meylah today all about delicious handmade sweets here.

....Photobucket

2. Making Pretty Food - since I have a love for pretty food, I get excited about creating it. This Ratatouille I made was inspired by the movie.
Photobucket

3. Wedding Details - Yes, I am already married and had an amazing wedding, but that still doesn't stop me from oohing and ahhing over wedding blogs and magazines!
............Photobucket

4. Pretty Views - Whether it be the view from our balcony of rare Houston snow, or the view of the Caldera on our Honeymoon - a pretty view always brings me back down to earth and reminds me of God's awesome creativity.
Photobucket

5. Pretty Blogs - There are so many beautiful blogs that I read! I love all your ideas, creativity and stories. Two of my latest favorites are Rachie's Place and Faded Prairie. If you haven't seen them yet - I highly recommend you follow these blogs, they are absolutely LOVELY!


Now that I've shared with you - tell me what's on your Favorite Pretties List!

21 comments:

abigail said...

that ratatouille looks amazing! i will have to make something like that this weekend.

Jaime said...

I love pretty views and pretty blogs :) I am going to check out those 2 you suggested!

Erica said...

mmm that ratatouille looks wonderful!

Meg said...

what wonderful views... i also love looking out at a beautiful landscape or ocean and wondering at the awesome scenery God has created. i love pretty dishes, and old teacups on display. i love a pretty fruit bowl all full of different, colorful fruit. have a great day!

Phoenix said...

The only thing better than making a list (which I'm completely obsessed with, just like you) is making lists on post-its. I don't know, the way they can fold up and fit into my back pocket or my wallet makes me happy.

I make lists for everything...places I want to go, movies I want to see, books I plan on reading. I'm planning an engagement party and the entire thing turned into one huge list/outline of my thoughts.

PS if you've got any games to suggest playing for a Pride and Prejudice and Zombie-themed engagement party, I'm all ears, girl. :)

Sarah said...

My favorite pretties? Hmm..

1. Wedding dresses
2. Varieties of coffee
3. Colorful, unique flowers
4. Markers
5. Mountain/Plans views

I loooove these things.

MaryBeth Hughes said...

love the illustrations! i totally agree...beautiful food is the best. thanks for the reading suggestions

jamfiescreations1 said...

Dionne, you always have such wonderful posts. I love the food and the prettie views. The pics are so beautiful.

Kristin said...

oh this is a tough one...how can i narrow it down to fit in one comment?!?! ;0)
lovely food {cooked by someone else...because this girl cannot cook!}
a rescued piece of junk..
my daughters smile...
and shoes!!

Amber said...

I love your blog!!!:) check out mine if you get a chance !? my blog- http://amberdee19.blogspot.com

Amber

lyndsey | paper girl said...

you certainly ARE good at making pretty food -- i drool every time i see your photos on fb :) you are such a talented girl.

i love beautiful paper, a good book and sparkly earrings.

Kristin said...

I love the font you're using to title your photos. it's so pretty!! (and of course the pictures are amazing, but they always are!)

Truly Smitten said...

I feel the exact same way about everything you just listed! I get so lost in reading so many beautiful wedding blogs...

Sarah Mina said...

I love wedding blogs and magazines too! I am not engaged or getting married anytime soon but I love flipping through them and seeing how people share their big day!

oh, hello friend. said...

aw. i love lists! i get so lost in lists, i used to loveeee making lists. i still do. ;)

on my favorite pretties list would definitely have to be: pretty scarves. vintage plates. lace doilies and table cloths, and pretty shoes!

xo.

Gali said...

That is probably the most amazing ratatouille I have ever seen!

miss esther said...

my fav pretties:

1. wedding pics-everyone looks gorgeous and glow-y
2. dessert blogs (i have a major sweet tooth)
3. your banner-it's the cutest ive seen

Tamara Nicole said...

I'll have to chk their blogs out. Love your photos, AND I have a photo JUST like your "view of the Caldera" !!! I LOVE Santorini!!!

Hmmm other faves:
*red polka dot anything!*
*jelly beans*
*flowers on anything and everything, shoes, shirts, hats, etc*
*my new coffee cozy*


Thanks for sharing!!

Have a great Valentine's Day girly!

Kotori said...

Dionne, I totally with you on the desserts.... but maybe it's because we both have that sweet tooth! Great list.

Shabby Chic Interiors said...

Oh my God .. I want to eat that cake is beautiful!

Sarah

Rebekah Williams said...

GASP! My kiddos would flip over that Ratatouille! We love the movie. Beautiful!