Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Winter Brunch

I'm back! Happy 2010!!!!

Our Holiday to California was WONDERFUL. It was so much fun, and great spending time with family, catching up with old friends, and meeting new ones.

I am sure you are all interested in hearing about the Winter SoCal Blogger's Brunch, so I will get right to it.

Although it was the middle of winter, you'd never know it. It was in the mid to late 70's, so it was absolutely perfect for a lovely outdoor brunch at Aroma Cafe in Studio City. I reserved a table under the awning, and it was such a pretty little corner of the patio.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Brian and I got there half an hour early to set up our table. I was a little nervous, because I had been planning this event for months, and was hoping that everything would turn out perfectly. I had been talking with the awesome Lindsey and her partner Amanda from the lovely Etsy store Blackbird Blue and You, and she generously donated all the lovely flower tree centerpieces, and some gorgeous flower place cards.

Photobucket
Aren't they amazing? I was so blown away by how whimsical and pretty each piece was. Obviously a lot of effort and detail was put into each piece. If I could do my wedding all over again, I would definitely be turning to Blackbird Blue And You for decorations. Everything was just so soft and absolutely perfect for our SoCal Winter theme.

Photobucket

Over the last few weeks before the brunch, I made little Keepsake Booklets for each guest. It was a fun little project, and they matched Lindsey's flower decorations nicely. I was really happy with how everything turned out.

Photobucket
The first bloggers to arrive were Tracy and Kristy. Tracy was every bit as cool and spunky as I thought she would be. She was such a riot to talk to, and totally down-to-earth. I also noticed that she has the nicest eyes. Kristy was a sweet-heart. Really friendly, with beautiful long dark hair, and smiling the entire time, she was definitely another blogger that I am glad to have met.

Carissa was next to come, and she was absolutely lovely. She was tall and gorgeous, and we bonded over complaints about our men playing video games for too long, hahaha. It was great to finally be able to meet her! It was interesting to hear her stories of celebrity encounters through her job, and embarassing moments with her boyfriend's friends. After Carissa came Ashley, who is the cutest, most daintiest little darling you'll ever see! She was sweet and extremely endearing. I just wanted to put her in my pocket and take her back to Texas with me!

Photobucket
And of course there was Maggi. You all know Maggi by now with her soft curls and sprinkle of darling freckles - she's one of my favorite bloggers ever, and also happens to be a personal friend of mine from outside the blogging world. She was her usual bubbly, sweet self, and it was wonderful to have her there - blogging and Maggi are synonymous to me, so it wouldn't have been the same without her.

In addition to me and the other bloggers, Brian was there to help me out, and thankfully Maggi's awesome husband Steve was there to keep Brian company. It was a great time with great food. Like last time, lots of generous Etsians donated items for the Blogger Goody Bags, and you will have a chance to win one soon. I will post more about the sponsors in a future post.

Once again, a HUUUUGE thank you to Blackbird Blue and You. Please head on over to Lindsey's store and check out her amazing creations.

(see here for more photos of the event).

40 comments:

MYSAVIOR said...

WOW! WHAT FUN!!

♥♥♥
Sue

MaryBeth Hughes said...

that is such a cool idea! are you going to most more about the event. i would love to hear how you coordinated it. how cool would be be to get little blogging summits put together all over the country?!!

Melissa Y. Allam said...

You did an awesome job. I love the decorations and little books. It is very sweet for you to put these events together for bloggers in your area. I wish you were here so I could go to one of your blogging get togethers. I haven't really heard of many here, but maybe I'm not in the right loop. Seems most of the bloggers I connect with are not in my area.

Kaye Prince said...

That looks like it was one great bloggy-get together Dionne! I would love to attend something like that.

Seems like you had a great time over the holidays, I'd love to hear more details!

maggisaar said...

Dionne! You've made me cry! Awww, thank you, darling friend, for those sweet words. I just love you so much! One of the best things to come out of love Steve has been getting to know you. I feel like that is a burn on Steve...oh well! ;-) Our time together was the best! And always, I really look forward to seeing you again sometime. And with little Nack, hopefully sooner rather than later! I love you, darling! The brunch was just perfect. :)<3<3<3

Simply Mel said...

Looks like a spectacular time! I love it when great people get together and have so much fun!

Here's to many more happy encounters in 2010!

Phoenix said...

Dionne, I had so much fun that day. I was so glad to finally meet you (you were every bit as awesome and sweet as I thought you'd be) and I'm incredibly grateful that I was able to meet some other wonderful bloggers and make friends with everyone. I feel so lucky and blessed - and don't even get me started on how I'm still in shock over all the amazing stuff we got from our Etsy goody bags!

Thanks again, Dionne. I will definitely attend any other meet-ups you host when you're in town :)

Meghan said...

Wow! It looks like you lovely ladies had an awesome time! Wish I could have been there. Happy New Year!

Annie said...

what an adorable little place with fabulous table decor! i can't believe how cute it all is!
happy new year hun!! :)

Jaime said...

Lovely brunch! Happy new year :)

Nicole Marie said...

i'm so sad i missed it!!! but you did such a great job dionne!! everything looks gorgeous!

Ashley Yazzie said...

We had such a whale of a time! Thanks again for you magical Blogger Brunch!

Jo said...

The table decor is gorgeous!! I just followed your link to Blackbird Blue and You and added them as a fave shop. Thank you!! :)

I've not been to that Aroma. (I'm in Hollywood and have only been to the one out here)....Isn't it the one with the cool book store attached?

Happy 2010! Looks like you're off to a fabulous start!!

Rebecca said...

oh i love this...how beautiful, what a great idea, and how fun to all come together!

Kristin said...

What an incredible get together. Wow. Those place cards are gorgeous!

Little Miss Tiara said...

Dionne I missed you! *hugs* and you look like had soooo much fun there! Geez, you should just make a blogger meeting here in Indonesia, lol. xD wait for me a little while, I'll be able to join one of your blogger meeting in the future! (or I'll just make one :P)

ps: and yep I have finally told him, one of the scariest, most daring, bravest, most relieving moment I've ever had in my entire life, gosh. lol. I feel accomplished now :d

Barefoot Chic said...

Aww beautiful photos as always! Glad to hear that you had a nice holiday vacay!!!

Love you!
xoxo

Caroline said...

Wow those flowers... so cute!! What a great idea for a bloggers brunch.. glad you had fun. xo

nifer said...

Hooray! Looks like a great time, and I am glad things turned out so well! I'm jealous you got to meet so many other bloggers.

Sam Made said...

Oh this is just sweet. I wish I would be invited to an event like this. Maybe I should host one...

Carissa said...

Sunday was so wonderful, Dionne! thanks again for all your hard work in putting it together! I loved getting to meet you (finally!) and all the other girls! as evidenced by your sweet words in this post, you truly are the kindest, most generous person. thanks again for everything and thanks for snapping these photos as a lovely reminder of a lovely day!

monkeyandsquirrel said...

looks like it was a fabulous day! those flower centerpieces are AMAZING indeed. i'm heading over to her shop to check out her goodies right now. thanks again for asking me to be a part of it all.

Lovely Scribbles said...

Everything looks amazing, Dionne! It looks like you pulled off a perfect event, and those little centerpieces and placecards are absolutely adorable! I'm so glad to hear you had a wonderful holiday. :) Welcome back!!

Lindsey said...

My friend, I can't say enough how much I wish I had been able to come. Those girls looked so lovely, I want to be their friend too! And the goody bags...I'm salivating. Last time they were so incredibly wonderful, I'm sure they were as equally special.

Think of me and next time I will be there for sure.

Emily Anne said...

SO adorable. Looks like you had a wonderful time. :)
Xoxo-

oh, hello friend. said...

oh dionne, i am so sad i couldn't make it. we were having some issues.. but you really know how to throw a gathering! ;) it is just beautiful.

hope you had a good trip back home.

xo.

OceanDreams said...

Looks like you had an amazing time, good for you! I checked out the Etsy shop you mentioned and I am in love. :) Happy New Year!s

Kris said...

What a beautiful place!

my name is lauren. said...

what a fun idea! so great that you got to put faces to all the bloggers you love :). i'm new to your blog, but i'm already in love with everything about it... especially those adorable little illustrations at the beginning of the posts! so cute. i am officially your newest blog friend!

JMay said...

Those centerpieces are gorgeous.

So happy I stumbled across your blog, it's adorable-now following.

Happy New Year! :-)

xo.

photojoy said...

Such an exciting story! You are such a great organizer!!! You make a wonderful web of friends! My life is somehow hectic these days. I haven't blogged often but I'm following you!

Amie Henderson said...

Gorgeous!!!

Melissa Blake said...

Looks like a cool adult tea party!! :)

Barbara said...

That was fantastic! Loved everything! The table, the gifts, the food. And the company....what fun!

Kristin @ Contented Me said...

Such great stuff!! It looked like an amazing time.

I missed you, D. Great to be back reading you!!

Kotori said...

Dionne - how fun! I so want you to plan a Texas Blogger Lunch! You take so much time into planning all this - it looks like so much fun!

Rosey said...

Looks like a gorgeous location and an all round fun time! :)

Tambria said...

I love the gorgeous creations by Blackbird! Looks like you all had a great time Dionne. Wish I could've been there. Next time you all will have to Skype the Blogger Meetup.

Amanda Lewis said...

The centerpeices are to die for! Love it!

molly YEH! said...

ohmygoodness this is SUCH a good idea! can i hire you to plan an east coast one? :-P