Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Great Loss Not Just for the Blog World

As many of you might already know by now, Brooke Prieto of White Market Blog fame passed away recently.

Photobucket

I had the pleasure of meeting Brooke outside of the blog world, many years ago at a small church in California. Her husband is a friend of Brian's, and while I didn't know her too well, I did get to know her a little better while she and her husband were still just dating at a Craft Workshop that I hosted about five years ago. She was a lively, gentle-hearted, sweet soul that touched every single person she met. She really was a shining light.

Photobucket

Brooke and I had talked on Facebook about getting together for a Foodie Adventure sometime when I visit California, but it never did happen, and I really regret not being able to have some extra moments with her. My mother had the privilege of going to her Memorial and told me that it was standing room only. A great tribute to a great woman who really sought after showing God's love to everyone.

When Brian and I heard the news, as we were praying for her husband Edmund and her family, we both wept. We couldn't control our tears and just held each other crying.

Brooke's life is the perfect reminder to live life to the fullest and to love with everything you have - she was the perfect example of how life should be lead. What an awesome legacy to leave behind.

Here is a small video tribute created by Robedom, if you'd like to see it.

(photographs by Morgan Taylor).

31 comments:

Rebecca said...

so much love and light to her family...

maggisaar said...

Gosh, I'm so sorry, Dionne. I kept reading about her on facebook. What a beautiful soul. *hugs*

MaryBeth Hughes said...

that is such sad news. my thoughts are with you and her family.

Jaime said...

How sad to hear! :(

Barefoot Chic said...

Oh my god, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, Dionne....

How young she was to leave this earth - that's so tragic and sad - I can't express how sorry I am...

My prayer is with you, Brian and her family.

Love you...

{eleise} said...

OO...that is too sad when such a young life comes to an end...you are in my prayers!

Meghan said...

I am so sorry to hear the news - what a sad story. I am thinking about you and Brian during this time!!!

Amanda said...

Sorry to hear this, Dionne. I'll definitely be praying for her family and yours!

Michele said...

This is so sad. She's so young!

Hannah said...

She's gone home, though. Think of what amazing things she's greeted with.

Stephanie of Pretty {much} Art said...

So sad to hear about this. Her family and friends are in my prayers.

Linz said...

I didn't know about White Market or Brooke Prieto before your post. However, I did watch the video and visited their blog...and immediately felt sad for her family and friends. She seemed like a very bright person.

Lovely Scribbles said...

It sounds like Brooke was a lovely woman who loved the Lord. It's always hard to lose such an amazing person, especially at such a young age. Sending my prayers to her family and yours.

Tali Schiffer said...

Oh my, how sad! She was so young! I don't know what happened that she passed away so fast, but I do hope it was painless and quick and that she is in a better place now. My thoughts go out to her husband and family and I do hope they will be able to overcome this loss and the pain of it!

Anna said...

Such a beautiful tribute to such a beautiful girl. Love & Prayers to her loved ones.

Morgan Taylor said...

Thank you Dionne, this is beautiful! Though nothing can compare to the beauty of Christ portrayed through Brooke, this is touching.

Heather said...

My, the world IS small after all. I didn't know you knew Brooke! I don't know her personally, but do know her younger sister. I proctor at her school. Many of the staff knew her well. Definitely a sad event, it's amazing the people that leave us so soon.... :(

Ali said...

Oh Dionne, I am so sorry for the loss of Brooke. I will keep her family and friends in my prayers. xo

Miss B said...

Wow, that is heartbreaking news, so very sad, I feel for her family, friends and especially her husband they seemed very in love...

Tamara Nicole said...

So sad:-(. A great reminder to live life, thank you for that post!

Tender Branson said...

It's a shame, she doesn't look very old. Great point about living life to the fullest, we never know when it will be over.

Loddelina said...

So sad, such hard times for her loved ones...
Thank you for the link to the beautiful tribute.

iheartkiwi said...

Just heartbreaking... Always a reminder to cherish every moment we have with our loved ones.

Kristin said...

My prayers will be with her husband, her family, you and your husband during these sad days. What a lovely tribute that was. Clearly she did a lot with her short life!

Mohan Rajoriya said...

hi....
nice blog you have..
realy you are creative
this is my blog
i am also graphic designer
http://mohancy.blogspot.com
http://sweetfrand.blogspot.com

i want talk with you...
add this

mohancy@hotmail.com
mohancy@gmail.com

regards
Mohan

Kristin @ Contented Me said...

so so sorry. ;(

Tambria said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Although I didn't know Brooke, I feel for her family. I will keep her family in my thoughts and prayers.

Gaia said...

My thoughts and prayers are for her beloved .

Roza said...

lovely capture!
do you use a graphics tablet for the drawings?

i'm sorry about brooke

avant garde said...

wow, didn't know her but watched the tribute and i was almost bawling. yikes, she is beautiful and looks like inside and out. not sure what happened but seems like the world is missing a piece of sweetness now. sorry to hear...

Andi said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family. May her good soul rest in peace. I thought I'd share this site to the grieving family as it helped me get through a similar ordeal. Hopefully, it helps them too.