Sunday, January 10, 2010

Decorating Our Lives

This is the time of year when people evaluate their lives.

We sort through everything we do and have, and try to figure out what's important. We set up goals and resolutions to help us keep our priorities in focus.

Looking around my apartment, and all the 'things' i have - the clothes, the accessories - you could deduce easily that I like to decorate.

Photobucket

And I do! I love pretty frames, lovely necklaces, beautiful scarves, all that stuff - and there's nothing wrong with wanting to decorate your surroundings. But at this time of year, it's normal to look a little deeper. We not only ask ourselves what we decorate our home with, but more importantly - what do we decorate our LIVES with? What do we do to brighten our day? How do we cheer up dark corners of other people's lives?

Photobucket

I think that when we decorate the lives of those around us - whether it be our family, our friends, our neighbors... we are decorating our own lives in the process. Don't you all just love Interior Decorating??!!!!

(PS. My latest Article with Meylah is up. It's a Packaging Tutorial. Stop by and leave some comment love!)
(PPS - the three winners of the HUGE Christmas Holiday Gift Guide Giveaway are: Julie, Kitty, and Carapace. Congrats! All the prizes will be split between you three. Please email me at spotty_zebra@hotmail.com and let me know your three favorite items in that giveaway. I will make sure that your prize pack contains at least one of your favorites!)

18 comments:

Little Miss Tiara said...

Oh Dionne! You reminds me of how sweet and pretty life is with all its decorations! :D I love to keep my room simple (and messy-not that I really like to, but it always ends up messy...)

I wonder if my life can be as simple as my room, or as messy as it is, haha...

and I'll definitely check your article, one thing I really need now is how to make a pretty package! :D

Meghan said...

You're always so positive and bring us the most lovely pictures! Hope your weekend was great!

Little Miss Tiara said...

and bwahahaha... I'm the FIRST!!!! xD

Oh, I forgot to say, congratulations for the winners! :D

Maki said...

You're so right about surrounding yourself with all the things you love - for me it's my family and friends and my dreams... I love you Dionne!

xoxo

Federica said...

Hope you had a beautiful weekend.
Hugs
Federica

Paula said...

Always so insightful Dione:)
I've never thought of decorating that way...you just gave it new meaning!
Have a wonderful day!
paula:)

Sarah Mina said...

Yes, I definitely LOVE decorating! My boyfriend just told me the other day that I can't redecorate everday and come home with something new all the time but I just can't help myself!

LBB said...

Sweet blog post, Dionne! I love your insight on things... :)
~Lynn

simplesong said...

love the post ... thanks for the reminder of the importance of decorating the bigger things in life! xoxo.

Linz said...

decorating is indicative of your personality, your mind set, and your influence on others. i love this post!

Tender Branson said...

Thanks for brightening my day. My wife doesn't allow me to decorate too much but I am thankful for those few areas that are all mine.

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

I need to decorate, oh so bad!

K said...

Decorating will need to wait until I move upstairs. Then I'll have some fun!

Kristin @ Contented Me said...

"interior decorating" -- I LOVE that! And you're so right... My husband and I were just talking about the same notion of how we can make others' lives more lovely, and in this new year we're trying especially hard to be more thoughtful, civil people to friends and strangers alike.

Truly Smitten said...

Hiii! i've been so MIA on the blogsphere lately! Hope you had a WONDERFUL New Year's! And I love your accessories!!!

Phoenix said...

Congrats to the winners -- and I try to decorate my life with things that cheer me up, inspire me, and make me feel good about being alive.

I also buy myself daffodils during the springtime :)

smrithi rao said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
smrithi rao said...

i loved the shinzo felt neck piece. being a huge diy fan think il try makin it :)

http://2cupsofteaandacoffee.blogspot.com/