Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fresh Appreciation

Often I need to scold myself because of my lack of appreciation.

I easily take things for granted.

I forget that beauty and grace is a gift.
Photobucket
I recently saw Earth the movie. It gave me a renewed appreciation for this magnificent planet. It reminded me how the conditions are perfect for life to exist because of the meticulous placement of Earth's location and angle. Everything about our planet is so intricate and so brilliant. It reminded me of God's sheer and utter brilliance and magnitude.

I actually got a little misty-eyed while I watched this movie in awe.

This movie makes me want to go on a worldwide safari.
Photobucket
-----------------------

On another note - SoCal Bloggers - the Southern California Blogger's Meetup will be on Sunday, January 3rd some time in the afternoon. It will most likely be in the city of Pasadena at some coffee shop or restaurant. I will give you more details soon, I am just trying to finalize a location. I know that a lot of you have already told me you are interested, but now that I have given you the date and time, if you could email me at spotty_zebra@hotmail.com if you are free that day and want more info. Thanks!

20 comments:

Pamela said...

I have the same thought all the time...I constantly strive to appreciate the gifts that are all around me!

Wish I was in S. California to meet up! Schucks!

xoxo

Ashley said...

It's just so amazing at how amazing our God is! I often find myself sitting and thinking about how complex the human body is, yet people try to tell me I came from a monkey. Like, yeah right.

I really enjoyed this post!

~Ashley

Lovely Scribbles said...

How true! We really do serve an amazing Lord and Creator! This post makes me smile. :)

Tracy-Girl said...

I totally wish I lived in So Cal just so I could meet up with everyone! :) I love what you wrote here, it is a total reminder of how fragile life is!

Phoenix said...

Yay! I'll be there! (And as always, very thoughtful post and beautiful photos) :)

Simply Mel said...

The Earth series is truly amazing. We do not watch tv, so on occasion, I will play EARTH for our 21-month old crumb. She is fascinated by the wonders of this magnificent planet, and I love the idea of teaching her how fragile life truly is and that we must all work together to keep it a wonderous place.

Kristin said...

I've been dying to watch that. I'm thinking the dude might like to see all the animals too!

OceanDreams said...

I too take too many things for granted, I definitely need to take the time to be more thankful. I like your new illustration - I want to sail the world and see more of God's creation!

Gaia said...

I wish I could be with you!
I'll think you and I look forward to see pics and any kind of documentationa bout that reunion!

goodnnight darling
have a great weekend!

Tender Branson said...

Thanks for the reminder. It is important (and easily forgotten) that there is beauty all around and it should not be taken for granted.

Annie said...

i love the earth movies! we have the dvd collection of them. they are pretty neat! some of them are sad too though. i don't like those ones.
the earth is beautiful though and i often take it for granted as well.

Little Miss Tiara said...

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I think I just should soon, it's true that I sometimes (almost always?) taking things for granted, awh...

Maki said...

"Big Sigh" - you're so right, always right. When I go to Ju Ju's soccer game, I look around and think how beautiuful the morning is. The crisp air, the greens and the blue sky - I'm thankful every day, but also need to remind myself not to take things for granted.

xoxo

Truly Smitten said...

I must go check out that film! Living in the country (here in iowa) has made me appreciate mother nature a ton more then when I was living in the polluted city of Chicago.

Kotori said...

Your post is so true - we get so caught up in what we are doing we just don't take the time to sit back and enjoy the beauty around us.

Oh, I so wish I lived in SoCal if only to meet with all you fun bloggers!! We need to do a Texas version Dionne!

photojoy said...

Yes, it's really true. We can feel the god's message even in tiny creatures.

And it must be the great meet-up! Have fun! I'm looking forward to seeing and reading the post.

sweetwilliam said...

If you go on a safari - go stand at the top of the red dunes of Namibia - they will blow your mind at the majesty of creation!

Melissa Blake said...

Now I HAVE to watch it! :)

sinnlighet said...

My God, Your blog is a miracle of beauty & sensuality! Can I borrow some photos to my blog?

Yes yes yes I love your blog!

A Swedish footprint by Agneta

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I am so blessed and was reminded that today when my house didn't burn down when I left my stove on! ahhh!!!