Wednesday, June 17, 2009

SoCal Blogger's Lunch

I'm back!

I had a wonderful time back in California, catching up with friends and having good quality family-time. And the Blogger's Lunch turned out great! Leading up to the day I was so nervous - what did they expect? What were they like? Turns out I was nervous for nothing! They were all so friendly and fun!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Andrew, along with my friend Evan were a big help with setting up and making calming me down as it got closer to 1pm. Lindsey and Jon were the first on the scene, and Lindsey was every bit as lovely as I expected from her blog, and Jon was super cute telling me all about their wedding anniversary that they celebrated the day before.

Sabrina, as always, was all smiles, but I learned something new about her - she can jump REALLY REALLY high!!! Bethany revealed her true colors, and that she was a woman after my own heart - attacking the desserts like no other - the cappuccino pudding, followed by the Tres Leches, and then I lost track because she and Lindsey blocked all traffic to the dessert stand so I couldn't see what they were devouring, haha.
Photobucket
Photobucket
It was great to see Maggi and her husbo Steve. Maggi showed us all her latest bag creation in the cutest fabric ever, and introduced us to an awesome sounding book series (Maggi - what's the name again, i want to check them out!). They also showed off their Swing Dance moves and revealed to me that even though I am not the worst dancer - I still have a lot to learn!

Eric was hilarious, with all his witty anecdotes - and he taught us all a fun game that involved sentences, drawing, computers blowing up, and lots of laughter. Thanks, Eric!
Photobucket

Danni and Nick were lovely. Nick made fun of my burned garlic bread, while Danni insisted on photographing them in the garbage bin, hehehe. Danni brought her lovely goodies to contribute to the AWEOME goody bags filled with items from Etsy Sponsors, and also contributed a lovely necklace to the Door Prize. I will post more about the lovely Etsy Sponsors in my next post. There will also be a giveaway coming up for those of you who didn't come to the lunch to score some of the goodies that the SoCall Blogger's received.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I had a blast! So thank you to Sabrina, Maggi, Lindsey, Eric, Danni, Andrew, Jon, Bethany, Steve, Nick and Evan for coming!! Next time I am back in Cali, would you be interested in getting together again?

There are more pics here if you wanna see.

34 comments:

lyndsey | paper girl said...

yay!! you're back! i've missed you in the blogging world.

SO glad the blogger's lunch turned out so well -- i knew it would! photos are so cute -- i WISH i could have come :(

next time i am so in -- assuming i'm visiting california myself, of course!

Vanessa said...

Looks like a great trip! But we're glad to have you back :-)

Lily G. said...

Glad you had such a great time. Looks like it was a blast!

Dionne said...

Awwwww thanks gals!

Lyndsey: I was so stoked to meet you though! So even though you couldn't make it to the lunch, I am glad we got to connect up and do coffee and Papersource!

simplesong said...

how very fun! good to have you back!

maggisaar said...

YAY! I love all the pictures. The one of me and my necklace is terribly cute.

The books are The Thursday Next Series by Jasper Fforde. The first book in the series is called The Eyre Affair.
ISBN: 0142001805

You'll have to love them. They are so witty and charming!

Lots of love, dear. For the 1,000 time, thank you so much for that day. It was perfect.

Melissa said...

Sounds like it was a blast! :) I love how blogging allows you to connect with so many people.

Morena said...

Dearest Dionne,
So many things have happened in the past couple weeks for me (including one tragic event). And I'm so sorry I never got back to you. I'm so very sad and sorry that I did not get to attend. It looked like such a great time too. :(

Well if anything, I'll definitely be there next time. I promise. Well, assuming it's going to be in Southern Cali again.

Again, I'm so so sorry. And I'm so glad you had fun.

Hope all is well.
Love,
Morena

Morena G.Y. said...

P.S. What program/website did you use to make the pictures like this? I love them. :)

Lindsey said...

We had so much fun, didn't we!? And I refuse to believe you were nervous! It didn't show one bit! You were such a lovely hostess and we all had such a blast! Hopefully we've inspired bloggers everywhere to do the same. I even had one idea from a girl in Italy: let's all sit down and toast life together at the same time! That's the same thing, right?

Lindsey said...

And yes, we must get together again! For some funny reason, I found myself thinking that wasn't the last time I'd be seeing you!

Kristin said...

Fabulous pics! I so wish there was a get together in my area!

lyndsey | paper girl said...

ME. TOO.

it was sooo great to meet up [and while i'm still bummed about the lunch, one-on-one dates are even better in my opinion!]. can't wait to get our awesome myspace shot from in front of paper source to put on my blog :)

Little Miss Tiara said...

Aww! That looks like a total fun! :D if only I could go there, too bad Indonesia is so so so so far away from Cali.

Oh! I've received your gift few days ago! I haven't posted about it, I'm waiting for you to come back to make sure that you'll read it :P O'll post about it soon! ;D but I have to find my camera under my blankets first

Eric said...

I was so weirded out and embarrassed to tell anyone about this before I went. It turned out really great. There were only a couple of awkward moments. Everyone was really cool, and I really enjoyed getting to meet some new peeps. Thanks for organizing this.

Eric

Pamela said...

Welcome back, Dionne! I've missed you! It looks like the luncheon was as successful as could be! :)

Anna Ander said...

Good to have you back! And can I add that you do look very pretty in that skirtoverpantsthing?

Love,
A.

Kotori said...

What fun... so jealous I am! How great to get to meet some of your fellow bloggers in person. Don't you always wonder what they're really like in "real life?"

Great idea getting everyone together Dionne.

Kristin said...

Sounds like you had such a nice time!

Mo said...

a blogger meeting ! how lovely !! just wanted to let you know my package is on its way, i'll cross my fingers this time !! thanks again for the great idea !

photojoy said...

Those pictures are great! Everyone look so happyyyyy! I wish I were there but it's hard to imagine.

Truly Smitten said...

Yay! welcome back! looks like you had a blast =)

Miss B said...

Sooo envious! Miss Dionne you are so gorgeous! AND how lucky to have Miss Dani there, I would have loved to met you both:(

xo,

Miss B

Micaela said...

how awesome is this?!!? you girls are all so cute :)

Nicole Marie said...

I wish I could have gone!! definitely going to make the next one!!

LBB said...

How fun! Looks like you had a fabulous time. You're so clever to do this! Welcome back! ~Lynn

Blair said...

Oh, looks like so much fun!! I wish more bloggers lived in Wyoming:/

PorkStar said...

Your pictures are always so graceful. : )

Underfunded Heiress said...

Wish I could have joined, looks like a great experience!

Carol said...

What fun pictures!

cgw @ accidentally, kle said...

welcome back! that looks like it was a load of fun! off to see the rest of your piccies now! :) x

Joanna Goddard said...

you are GORGEOUS! looks like so much fun. i love the swing dancing!

betty said...

What a great idea! I wish there were more bloggers in my area

Michele said...

THis is soo exciting!!!!!