Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend Happiness

Even though the Great Depression was a rough time in history, if it wasn't for that difficult time - we wouldn't have weekends, and I LOOOOVE weekends!

Kristin over at Contented Me posted about six things that made her happy today and tagged me to play along too. It's 9am on a Monday morning, so not much has happened for me, so I am going to blog about six things that made me happy over the weekend.

1. THE WORLD'S BIGGEST STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE. We went to the Strawberry Festival with friends on Saturday and ate a huge piece of their shortcake. It was massive, so there was sooo much cake to go around. The pieces they were serving were gigantic!
Photobucket

2. EATING CHOCOLATE CEREAL OUT IN GREAT WEATHER. Who doesn't like the idea of sneaking a bit of dessert into their breakfast? This cereal is one of my favorites. We don't get it often, because it's not the best thing to have every morning, but it's a nice little splurge, and even better when eaten outside in the sun (on a non-stinking-hot day)!
Photobucket

3. LETTERPRESS GOODIES. Suann at Simplesong sent me a lovely little gift over the weekend. I love presents out of the blue, especially when they are delicate letterpress pretties! I love the indentations on the spongy paper, and the milky colors - her letterpress pieces are literally like pretty chocolates. The cards she sent are so lovely that I don't want to use them for what they're made for - I don't want to give them to anyone - I want them for me!! And Suann's blog is just as lovely as her products - full of inspiring images and posts. So go check out her shop and blog if you haven't!
Photobucket

4. TIME WITH MY HUSBO. Brian really is my best friend. Some people get married and then end up becoming best friends with their spouse, but Brian and I were best friends for 3 years before we started dating, so I literally did marry my best friend. Weekends feel like a vacation with him, because everything else in the world stops. It sounds corny, but it's true. I am soppily, disgustingly in love with this man!

5. ANTHROPOLOGIE. I think this place makes most women happy. Brian and I went there yesterday and picked up a few bits and pieces as gifts, and I swear, this store is the perfect example of the word PRETTY at work. Everything is so dainty and girly and earthy and homey. I love it!

6. FRUIT. Once again, fruit hit the spot for me this weekend. It's that Texas Grapefruit!

So there are my six things. Instead of tagging six people to list their six things, I am tagging any of you who read this who wanna join in. What six things made you happy this weekend?

27 comments:

Dash said...

i have no doubt in my mind that the strawberry shortcake could serve a whole country. Or me.:):) Heaven in a bite.

All the same, heres my list.

1. Spending some time with my cousin. We met up for dinner and drinks and more than generous dollops of gossip!
2.Freshly made soya bean milk. I found this quaint little store selling it. I drank 1 litre.
3. Blogging. Love it like crazy.
4. oh, oh! i nearly forgot! the fantastic shower I had on saturday! I used my new exfoliating gloves. I still feel fresh, radiant and beautiful. Someone hire me to do an ad.lol.
5. I have a new celebrity crush. Justin Long. I just watched HJNTIY movie, and oh my god how sexy is he?

Nicole Marie said...

a strawberry festival sounds absolutely amazing!!!!!

Kristin said...

It sounds like you had such a wonderful weekend!! I would have been all over that Strawberry Shortcake... yum!

Your pictures are so lovely, too. They make reading your daily posts such a treat.

photojoy said...

1.rainfall------it has been rainning on Sat./Sun. That made every leaf and grass shine in green.
2.lazy morning-----I stay in bed a bit longer than usual for weekend.
3.blogging----set my laptop on first thing in the morning especially on weekends.
4.talking to my mother, my brother, my daughter and a friend of mine over the telephone to say hello.
5. trying out for oolong tea jelly
6. folding paper cranes and asking some other friends to make them.

That's all for my six Weekend Happiness. Interesting topic!
And glad to know you had such a wonderful weekend! Have it on Monday as well.

Kotori said...

As you read on my blog, we are on extended weekend mode now for a while, so I am going to just revel in it as long as it lasts.

Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend. Lucky you to get such a lovely gift from Suann - she's so talented, isn't she?

candi said...

I love your list! :)

Anna Ander said...

1. A marching band that showed up from nowhere
2. Dancing with the kids while tourists were snapping away like crazy
3. Not doing anything important
4. Getting a call from my father who is sailing across the Atlantic
5. Eating too much of my husband's bread (sourdough toast with blackberry jam, hellooo indulgence)
6. Finding time to finish the book I was reading (great read)

Glad to hear all is well with you and the best friend.
/A.

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

both chocolate cereal and great weather sounds so good!! :)

Lily G. said...

wow, I want a piece of the cake!!

liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

Gabby said...

What a great weekend!

Reading about you and your husband makes me hopeful! haha that sounds funny, but it's true. I love how you talk about him. :)

Pamela said...

That strawberry shortcake is AMAZING! Lucky you!

So, I finally filled out my list from your tag! xoxo

Nicole said...

Strawberry shortcake sounds so good right now!
It sounds like you had a great weekend!

Morena Doll said...

Oh no I'm so hungry now.
Lovely post Miss. :)

Lindsey said...

What a lovely little list! And a completely obligatory-free tag. You're the best!

This weekend the things that made me happy were too many to count, but I'll hit the big ones:

1. Walking across the stage in front of thousands of people to receive my diploma (finally!)

2. Kayaking in the Carlsbad Lagoon (CarlsbadLagoon.com)

3. Playing Catch Phrase with my family and Jon's folks

4. My pizza party on the beach with people who love the heck out of me as I told them how important they are to me.

5. The sign my husbie made for me and posted at the beach that said "Congratulations, Lindsey! It's about time!"

6. Feeling incredibly blessed to have such support and love, and to be in God's grace so that this all could happen.

Now I'm going to go finish writing my application for my masters this fall! I just can't stop!

Lindsey said...

Oh, and that strawberry shortcake is incredible! That's the only dessert my husband eats...but he only likes the cheap sponge cake with strawberry JUICE!

patricia said...

Sounds like a great weekend! We wanted to go to the strawberry festival too and didn't have the time. Maybe next year!

Eric said...

1. Seeing my friend Joel
2. Seeing other friends
3. Chicken kabobs and chick peas
4. Learning a new game
5. Falling asleep during the first half of star trek
6. Getting to spend some time in The Word.

jess gonacha said...

what a great list! that strawberry shortcake made my mouth water-- i haven't had that in years! YUM. And i completely agree about Anthropologie. :)

Rachel Follett said...

I would have loved to get a letterpress lovely in the mail. Lucky You!

simplesong said...

aah, love your list! all these things make me happy and thanks for including me in your roundup...so sweet + so glad you like the goodies! xo.

Truly Smitten said...

Hear hear!!!

{lovely little things} said...

Chocolate cereal??? Mmm...

umama said...

Oh, this list is so me!

PS~Erin said...

Sounds like a good one! Mine.... Time with my family, my daughter's sweet change in attitude, the sunny weather, family trip to Costco, two packages in the mail... It was a good one over here too!

Joanna Goddard said...

so sweet! i love #4. :)

Kristin said...

If there is a woman out there who doesn't adore Anthropolgie I would be surprised. It's so divine!

Pamela said...

What a great highlight on that blog! :) Thanks so much for letting me know about it. Have a beautiful weekend!