Even though the Great Depression was a rough time in history, if it wasn't for that difficult time - we wouldn't have weekends, and I LOOOOVE weekends!
Kristin over at Contented Me posted about six things that made her happy today and tagged me to play along too. It's 9am on a Monday morning, so not much has happened for me, so I am going to blog about six things that made me happy over the weekend.
1. THE WORLD'S BIGGEST STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE. We went to the Strawberry Festival with friends on Saturday and ate a huge piece of their shortcake. It was massive, so there was sooo much cake to go around. The pieces they were serving were gigantic!
2. EATING CHOCOLATE CEREAL OUT IN GREAT WEATHER. Who doesn't like the idea of sneaking a bit of dessert into their breakfast? This cereal is one of my favorites. We don't get it often, because it's not the best thing to have every morning, but it's a nice little splurge, and even better when eaten outside in the sun (on a non-stinking-hot day)!
3. LETTERPRESS GOODIES. Suann at Simplesong sent me a lovely little gift over the weekend. I love presents out of the blue, especially when they are delicate letterpress pretties! I love the indentations on the spongy paper, and the milky colors - her letterpress pieces are literally like pretty chocolates. The cards she sent are so lovely that I don't want to use them for what they're made for - I don't want to give them to anyone - I want them for me!! And Suann's blog is just as lovely as her products - full of inspiring images and posts. So go check out her shop and blog if you haven't!
4. TIME WITH MY HUSBO. Brian really is my best friend. Some people get married and then end up becoming best friends with their spouse, but Brian and I were best friends for 3 years before we started dating, so I literally did marry my best friend. Weekends feel like a vacation with him, because everything else in the world stops. It sounds corny, but it's true. I am soppily, disgustingly in love with this man!
5. ANTHROPOLOGIE. I think this place makes most women happy. Brian and I went there yesterday and picked up a few bits and pieces as gifts, and I swear, this store is the perfect example of the word PRETTY at work. Everything is so dainty and girly and earthy and homey. I love it!
6. FRUIT. Once again, fruit hit the spot for me this weekend. It's that Texas Grapefruit!
So there are my six things. Instead of tagging six people to list their six things, I am tagging any of you who read this who wanna join in. What six things made you happy this weekend?
Lamifix Coaster Tutorial
9 hours ago