Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Adornments

Happy Hump Day, people!

I am sure that most of you have purchased from, or at least have heard of the wonder that is Etsy. I love how it encourages and supports artists from all over the world who want to earn an income doing what they love. I first heard about Etsy in the middle of last year. I was looking up ideas for Bridesmaids gifts for my wedding, and I noticed a lot of people were talking about this thing called Etsy. So I checked it out and immediately got excited about all the handmade goodies people were selling.

Photobucket


I stumbled upon Pamela's lovely store 'PamelaSusan' and immediately knew what I wanted to include among my gifts for my bridesmaids. It was a very dark, almost oily green Freshwater Cultured Coin Pearl necklace with a Poppy Topaz set in the middle. I then noticed that she also had a birthstone collection, where she personalized white pearl necklaces with birthstones, so I asked if she could put my Bridesmaid's stones in the green pearl. They looked LOVELY!
So when my mum asked me what I wanted her to get me for my own wedding necklace, I chose something from Pamela's store again, and here it is:
Photobucket
I had such a great experience with Pamela, she was so friendly and sweet (you can also see how lovely she is in her blog). God has definitely blessed her with great talent - not only does she make jewelry, but she makes pottery for fun too! With her jewelry, she makes most of it at night once she's put her two lovely little chickadee kidlets to bed, and another tidbit - her favorite dessert is a good old Apple Crisp with vanilla bean icecream dumped on top. Yum!

Another Etsy jewelry artist that I love that I have only just discovered in recent weeks is Niki from 'StellaAndLux'. Niki is vibrant, and fun-loving and it reflects through her jewelry. One of her earliest childhood memories is making necklaces at her kindergarten birthday party with neon plastic beads, so it seems that jewelry was in her destiny! I fell in love with the daintiness yet randomness of her jewlery. The beads aren't in a pattern, but yet they all seem like they're in the perfect place. I am wearing one of her bracelets right now, and it looks like something out of a pretty dream - here it is:
Photobucket

And again, because I love dessert so much - I had to find out what Niki enjoys - and she's a caramel apple girl, all the way!

So now that I have shared with you my two favorite Etsy Jewelry artists - who are some of yours?

28 comments:

Kotori said...

Such pretty jewelry... I have just discovered Pamela's blog but have not had a chance to check out her shop. But I definitely need to - so pretty! I love that she works while the chickadees sleep at night (very much like me). And the StellaandLux shop is on my list to visit too. How pretty is that blue and white necklace?

nicole addison said...

i adore your necklace you chose for your wedding. i've been really excited to find etsy also, i love the unique things you can find on there. when i wear the one (...but more to come) thing that i've purchased people comment on it all the time! what a great idea this little handmade store is.

Maki said...

I agree, Etsy is such a great way to promote and produce talented artists, like yourself, Dionne!! And I love your favorite artist's work - they are so simple and yet beautifully crafted :)

xoxo

Dash said...

pretty , pretty , pretty! :)

Lindsey said...

You are just so classy in your jewelry sense!

I have a few favorites:
I love these illustrations:
MissAvocado.etsy.com
belleandboo.etsy.com

I would love to get some baby shower gifts from here: littlealouette.etsy.com

I love these, and was lucky to get one while her prices were lower: NevaPlume.etsy.com

And wouldn't you just love one of these: madebyhank.etsy.com

And Dionne...I love the sewing machine! Is there any way this will make it into your shop? Say, in the form of cards, gift boxes, etc?

photojoy said...

I really love the sewing machine you have drawn. That is the exact one my mother used to use. I really adore your illustration.
I don't visit many Etsy shops so often except yours and just one or two more blogger friends. I'd like to shop from abroad some day soon. It must be exciting.

LBB said...

Lovely jewelry! Congrats on your wedding too! Is it soon? I adore Etsy and all the amazing, talented people on it...I never knew? I love looking at all the different things people are creating...so inspiring. So many favorites...really enjoying royalbuffet, madebymavis, groundwork, paperedtogether, prettyraccoon, rareturtle...etc,etc! :)

Dionne said...

Hey LBB, I already got married, tehehee. I should have made that clearer in my post. Got hitched in October last year to the loveliest man on earth!!

LBB said...

Oh silly me! I just saw that you already were married from your previous post! A little very belated wedding wishes to you! ;)

Pamela said...

I LOVE that sewing machine!! That MUST make it to your shop!! :)

Thank you so very much for your kind words...I'm so happy you loved/love your wedding jewelry, and that we were able to meet from it!

A couple of my favorite Etsians are 3lilmuses (fantastic childrens clothing) and woodmouse (wooden toys)...awesome, awesome, awesome!

xoxo

Michelle said...

Etsy is so wonderful. I just discovered the best vintage store there and mentioned it on my blog today.

Savvy Mode SG said...

very pretty.

Kristin said...

It's hard to remember life before Etsy. ;)

Those are very lovely finds...

Carlita said...

etsy is so great... i just bought these cute necklaces with an old-school nurse hat on them for my 2 besties that graduated nursing school! it was like the perfect gift... that could only be found on etsy!

muchlove said...

Those are so pretty. Isn't Etsy wonderful? I discovered it about 2 years ago when my friend introduced it to me because it was full of inspirational creations. I was hooked immediately.

simplesong said...

etsy is so great ... lots of love for that site! and love these pieces!

RhiannonM said...

I love the jewelry, I will have to look closer at both of these shops. Thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

Thanks Dionne! You're blog is awesome! I'll have to add it to my blog list :) Do you do your own drawings? They're great!

Carlita said...

I am SOO glad you love Jemaine too! SAD you couldn't see them - but they are becoming so popular they'll have to come again!

Little Miss Tiara said...

Your wedding necklace is so beautiful! :D and talking about desserts... You just had successfully make me drooling over their favorite desserts :d

Gabby said...

I love Etsy! And I love to find new faves! Thanks!

Rachel Follett said...

Her work is lovely and I just adore your old fashioned sewing machine illustration!

aubrey said...

hey i want to be also your bridemaid:)
lovely necklaces!:D

Jessie Cacciola said...

so pretty. :)

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

that pendant is so lovely!! i love the amazing jewellery at etsy, today i saw this ring & want it so badly! :)

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19496244

Brittany said...

Thanks for the comment on my little blog. I still have a lot to do on it. I think you're the first person to comment that I don't know. So, thanks!

Your illustrations are just beautiful. I like this sewing machine one. I clicked over to browse your Etsy shop and I like the pointe shoes / fairy tales one a lot, too (I used to dance). Ahhh... if only I weren't broke right now!

Lexi said...

Hi,

I just want to first thank you for all the wonderful comments you left on my blog, Love.Obsess.Inspire.

Second, I was looking over you blog and wondering, are all of these wonderful hand drawing yours? If so I am obsessed. Kudos to you!

Have a great weekend!

ed said...

情趣商品,情趣商品,情趣商品,情趣商品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣商品,情趣商品,情趣商品,情趣商品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣商品,情趣商品,情趣商品,情趣商品,免費視訊,免費視訊,免費視訊,免費視訊,情趣商品,情趣商品,情趣商品,情趣商品